Achilles Snap/Rupture

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi I’m really hoping for some advice please.My partner has snapped his Achilles been in temp plaster for 2 weeks and now has a Vaco pad boot.

He was given a even up sole for the other foot, but he is still very unbalanced and we are trying to find a way to build up the  foot so that it is more equal.

He has other health issues spondylitis and back and neck issues so we want to limit the damage to other bones and joints. I’ve not found any solutions on here, apart from looking at a high platform shoe ?? At the moment he has more than one insole in the shoe. Does anyone have any solutions please? I would really appreciate some help.

Thank you.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Shouldn’t they be not weight bearing still? I remember getting lower back pain from the start imbalance due to the boot, but I was lucky enough to rerupture so I ended up with 2 boots therefore second time round I could put both boots on for some back relief! (For hygiene reasons I would only wear the second boot with none of the sock/padding, just strap the frame over my trousers.) good luck with their recovery. Perhaps you could buy some cheap shoes such as a couple of pairs of beach flip flops and glue the soles together, or buy a second hand boot off eBay but throw away the sock and deep clean the boot. 
    • Posted

Thank you very much. 

He has been told to weight bear it.

Yes we are looking at the flip flop sole idea just a bit concerned about safety.

Thanks for your help.

Very appreciated.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.