Achilles surgery

Posted , 2 users are following.

I had achilles surgery a month ago, I had a cast on for the entire month, now Im suppose to wear a boot for another month. I can take my boot off to shower, but when I take the boot off I try to point my toes up and my achilles feels really stiff, is this normal after surgery?

Thank you.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Yep this is totally normal! I'm 4.5 month post-surgery for achilles debridement and tendon transfer. Up until the past few weeks my achilles has still been really stiff. I found that it was easier to move my ankle about with less pain whilst lying in the bath. Went on holiday 6 weeks after surgery and was swimming which really helped too. See if you can get some physio so you are advised what exercises are best for you to be doing. Good luck with your recovery! xx

• Posted

Thank you for taking the time to answer my question I feel alot better now. Have a good day.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.