Achilles Tear?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi everyone on 3/22 I fell down the stairs and had the hurt my Achilles. I went to the Emergency room and they did the typical X-Ray  and the Thompson test and the bad foot has a slight reflex. She told me to go see my primary and my primary did the same and prescribed a MRI ( Scheduled for 4/1) and My Ortho on the 4th. I am taking Ibuprofen and they put me in a splint.

Its getting better but and have been able to stand on it.  I still have some pain and a little bruising on the side but cant stand on my toes. I can assume its not a rupture and clean tear but if it is teared would i be able to put wait on it and walk...I can wiggle my toes and move in any direction. Any insight greatly appreciated.

I have International  trip coming up on 5/1 and was wondering if I have any chance of making it.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

i think mri will show it, but it is better not to use, push or give weight to your foot, just rest till mr.. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.