Achilles Tendon and calf problems

Posted , 2 users are following.

hi.  Ive had achilles tendonitis on and off.  this is the 2nd time and is currently for 2 years on.  partly got it sorted with orthotics as over pronating.  but a month ago i had a weird feeling in my ankle.  I was sat still and it felt like a sharp pain and like a elastic band stretching then going back.  Since then i am in alot pain in calf and ankle to the point i cannot sleep to get it comfy.  even with support on

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi Michelle....it's painful isn't it? I started having similar issues about six months ago and I was told I had my tarsals bones fusing on X-ray and Achilles tendinitis too. This happened on my left foot only and praying it doesn't start on my right. My doctor put me on prednisone and it did help tremendously but I'm off it now and it's hurting some. I have psoriatic arthritis with spondylitis and this all can happen with this disease. Have you had a bigger diagnosis or are they just calling it Achilles pain?

• Posted

Hi Lisa

Over the past 2 years ive messed about with different physio who didnt have a clue and in october i got fitted with orthotics as was over pronating which happens with the condition but then he didnt want to see me.

It was all getting better until 4 weeks ago when it felt like an elastic band. And ive never had so much pain. Affects calf and knee and heel.

Trying a different physio and i didnt quite catch ehat he said but i heard chronic.

The original ultrasound scan 2 yrs ago said mild achilles tendonitis. But they just used the ultrasound heat treatment.

I feel like my knees going to give way.

They tend to deal with a achilles and not the calf etc

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.