Achillies tendon pain

Posted , 2 users are following.

My right heel has been hurting for nearly 3 weeks now, starting gradual and has been severe for 2 weeks. Unable to weight bare without severe pain (pain shooed through my heel bone) until painkillers kick in then I can tolerate the pain (although I'm still having to limp and can't move my foot normally). My heel is swollen and has redness over a swollen lump on the outer side of my heel, and a similar one on the inside in the same place. Very painful to touch, pin point tenderness in one spot (the same place on both sides) over the bone area. No pain at all along the back of the heel (along the achillies) No trauma or injury to cause this as its just come out of nowhere (I do a lot of walking though). My GP thinks it's where the achillies meets the heel bone and has given me naproxen for 2 weeks and told me to rest/ice etc. She did recommend a heel insert but as I can't wear shoes/trainers due to the pain and swelling theres no point.

Has anyone experienced this and how long did it take to heel? My job keeps me on my feet walking all day with no option so sit or keep still so I'm having to take time off unpaid

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.