Achillies torn?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Last week I was running and felt a weird pop sensation in the back of my leg. There was no pain and I just have been letting it go. There is swelling more near my calf on the inside of my leg. I wonder if my Achilles is partially torn? I have had some tingling sensations in my Achilles as well since. I have been babying it and using a brace cautiously. Can you walk on it and it heal itself?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Leah,

There doesnt seem to be too many people on here with tendon problems so one doesnt get many responses.

I'm only here because I completely ruptured my achilles 10 days ago. I'm sure you will have seen a doctor by now but if not go and get a ultrasound scan or image and it might need immobilisation if youve got a  bad tear. Only a doctor can advise you, but your doing the right thing by wearing a brace, hopefully with heel lifts and resting it.

Good luck with it .

• Posted

A quick test is to kneel on a chair so that your foot dangles off the edge and get someone to squeeze your lower calf, normally your foot will twitch. If not, then the news is not good. Either way, you should get it checked out professionally and keep it elevated for good blood flow and repair. 
  • Posted

Hi Leah,

Did you get some help with your tendon?

I have struggled with apparently Achilles tendinitis for years, it is best not to leave it too long before you get it checked out.

Sharon

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.