Aching and cramping over whole body, what could be the cause?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I've had health problems for the last 4 years affecting my whole body, physically and mentally.

Main symptoms include:

constant aching and cramping in my head, neck and back.

heaviness all over my head, especially at the back

abdominal aches and pains and discomfort

aching up back which feels like contractions

visible signs seemed to be linked to poor circulation eg blue toes, yellow fingers

Does anyone recognise these symptoms? My doctors don't know what the problem is. I've seen a neurologist and gynaecologist and they don't have a clue.

I think the problems may be linked to bad circulation. Which doctor deals with circulation affecting the whole body? My doctor said I should see a neurologist but that doesn't sound right.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hello, Your GP Is sending you to a Neurologist as they will look at things such as the nerves and conditions that are not easily spotted without blood tests etc. You say you have already seen a Neuroligist so what did they say? Anxiety can also cause a lot of symptoms you describe.
  • Posted

Hi, the neurologist diagnosed chronic tension headache due to anxiety. But the problems with my head are not headaches, it's more of a constant heavy feeling all over which often becomes worse and I get a cramping feeling in my head and neck. The doctor was quite dismissive, not a good listener and did no tests.

Most of my anxiety is caused by my health problems, since they are ongoing and affect most of my body. I think it's a physical problem but I'm not sure what the source of the problem is and which doctor to go to since most doctors only focus on one area of the body, not the whole body. I'm hoping someone might recognise the symptoms and have some suggestions. The doctors don't know and I'm stumped.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.