Skip to content
Ad

Backache

Also known as Lower Back Pain

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Chronic lower back /hip & leg pain

ive been suffering chronic lower left back, left hip and leg pain for 18 months. I've had physio & acupuncture, with no improvement. X-ray showed general age related wear & tear and I'm awaiting results for Mri scan. I've  just been prescribed Lyrica and womder d if anyone has...

Last reply
  • Back / Buttock Pain

Further to my earlier posts, the back / buttock pain is making me bend forward when I am walking I cannot straighten up Any ideas what I can do, I may have to ask my physio to tape me up so I can be in the upright position

Last reply
  • Back Pain That Speads

I am a 60 year old male who has started getting pains intermittently at the bottom of my back. It sometimes spreads and the pain is in my upper back / shoulders and then another time is in my side which has gone down to my testicles.  Since July I have had a pain in my left arm normally around the...

Last reply
  • Piriformis pain

Has anyone had problems on the hip /buttock / piriformis and if so what helped sometimes I can barely walk or stand , Does a belt or taping give short term relief if so what sort of belt or what sort of taping worled

Last reply
  • low back pain for 2 months, what could this be?

MY lower back pain is only prominent when i walk for long periods of time and do certain excercises that involve the use of the lower back. prior to this, i use to weightlift successully for 3 years before i stopped after an injury on my shoulder. the pain started around when i stopped and became lazy....

Last reply
  • Mattress

Hi, I struggle with a back condition and after some years of struggling to turn painfully in a single bed I treated myself to a double. I thought rolling over would be easier than turning! Anyway, nice bed BUT too firm. Would a mattress topper help and if so which one would anyone recommend ? Many thanks

Last reply
  • getting embarrassed - 2 months of lower back pain

hey everyone, have been desperately searching the internet for solutions regarding my lower back pain. i'm a 35yo mum to 2. i've had lower back pain in the past but not for 2 months almost constantly. never visited the doc  for this reason before because i'm scared a bit of results....

Last reply
  • 23 years of back pain

Brief history.  Had 2 children, both born with an epidural.  First epidural in 1991 was no problem but the second in 1994 when administered pain shot through my back and into my right hip.  Birth went well though felt discomfort in my hip.  After the epidural was taken out I was still...

Posted
  • Recently diagnosed Degenerative disc disease

Hello everyone I am a 27 year old female in February of 17 I started having a headache in the top of my head which would come and go later I started having headaches with leg cramps I went to the ER where they did CT on my head and Doppler on my legs with bloodwork all came back clear in March I was...

Last reply
  • i have had back pain for 3 years. help?

Hi, I'm a 16 year old female and I have been suffering from back and foot pain on and of for about 3 years. I do not know if the problems are related as they do not occur at the same time. Back pain: I randomly get a sharp stabbing pain in the lower middle of my back just above my dimples. the pain...

Last reply
  • Back cramps..lower back.

started having back cramps at my lower back. when doing hoovering, and even the dishes (washing up) hurts. never had cramps in my back before and it really hurts. I have enough salt and know it isn't that as may be a myth about that.. anyone else have it, know what its about?? ty

Last reply
  • Pain between hip and buttock

Over a period of weeks to months I have developed left sided pain between my hip and buttock what seems to reduce the pain is pain is pressing hard on the pain site or using a belt or strong tape to compress the area Does this make sense and longer term what can I do  

Posted
  • I am having real bad pain in my lower back and I can't move

It doesn't matter what I do it will start hurting really bad in the lower part of my back its a stabbing pain especially if I try to stand up straight or sit or get up or lay down or just trying to walk period this has happened to me three other times in three months now I'm 31 years old never...

Last reply
  • Severe back pain only when lying down

Hi, I am enquiring about a problem i have been experiencing with my back over the last couple of weeks. Whenever i lay on my back in bed i get severe pain in the lower right side of my back and i have to take shallow breathes because it hurts too much to take full breathes. Depending on how i lie in...

Last reply
  • Car suggestions having 2 broken vertebrae in my mid and lower back?

Sitting in my grandmothers car causes pain even after only 5/10 minutes. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions to stop it happening? I wear a back brace but where the seat is shaped there’s nothing for the lower part of my back to rest on so it hurts my back. I would use a cushion but I don’t...

Last reply
  • Pinched Nerve or Damaged disc?

Hi! I've had a pinched nerve in my back, neck, shoulder, and arm for three years. It's a terrible shooting and burning pain. I can't stand or sit for periods of time without awful pain. I can't lift or bend down either. I got an x-ray because they thought it was a damaged disc. X-ray...

Last reply
  • Upper back and neck pain

I have just finished travelling but I took a backpack that could turn into a suitcase so I never really had it on my back but I did have a small backpack on my back quite often and I have been back for just over a week now and my upper back and neck and causing me so much discomfort, I don't remember...

Last reply
  • Looking for back pain info and support

I am seeking info on spine related conditions, as well as pain relief solutions and life management support, on behalf of my husband.  My husband is 40 years old and has degenerative disc disease in his cervical and in his lumbar regions, and has an herniation in the thoracic region. ...

Last reply
  • Broken Vertebrae

So I broke 2 vertebrae after a fall on Monday. The pain went away for a few days but yesterday and today I started pushing myself and I've also been in much more pain, especially today since I did more (sat up for 2+ hours in one go with only two <5 minute breaks with only my back brace as support,...

Last reply
  • Backache since having children

I would love to know if anyone has the same type of back pain. I have suffered general backache since the birth of my first child 19 years ago. I have been able to manage it though. Lately it has been getting worse. I can go for brisk walks, swim & dance. I can't understand how I find it unbearable...

Last reply
  • BACKPAIN AND CRACKING

Hi Emma, I have the same problems as you are describing. I am 17 years old and have struggled with back pain for around 2-3 years.  Now it has gotten terribly worse and everyday is just a pain. I am constantly sore and uncomfortable and can never get a good nights sleep. I have had 3 MRI...

Last reply
  • Pain in the middle of the right side of my back

In the beginning of May 2017 when I was lying in my sofa I turned my back and I hurt it. And as a consequence I had a pain in the middle right side of my back. After some time the pain decreased and I had this pain only when I run and I cough. I went on holiday one month later in beginning of June 2017...

Last reply
  • mri repor

On my mri report of my lumbar spine, it says; L4-L5: There is disc desiccation, mild disc space narrowing and a small broad-based disc bulge or there are mild bilateral degenerative facet changes. Why does it say OR?

Last reply
  • Left upper back pain and numbness with rib pain and crunchy sound

My upper left back, near the shoulder blade, always feels numb and slight painful. When I rub it with my fingers, the muscle is very crunchy and rough to feel, and makes clicking noises. I also get pain radiating around my left side, sort of in a few of my ribs. Sometimes I also get pain in my lower...

Last reply
  • Tens machine for back and Leg pain?

I have been diagnosed with a grade 1 degenerative spondylolisthesis at L4/5. a degree of scoliosis which has produced foraminal narrowing at both L4/5 and L5/S1 which has trapped a nerve, therefore back pain, leg pain and numb/tingling feet. ​I can only walk for 15mins before my leg is so painful that...

Last reply
  • Spondilolythesis etc

I had a motorbike crash three years ago and as a result I have Spondilolythesis (I've never been given a grading but I can assume it's no more than a grade two) bulging disc at L5 and L4 S1 and now degenerative disc disease in two of the lower discs. I suffer from crippling pain in the lower...

Last reply
  • L4-s1 buldging disk pressing nerves

Hi, On Thursday I had a laminectomy, microectomy with some bone spur removal L4-S1. I barely have any pain on that inscision. The proublem I have on my left side from the buldging disk I had pinching my nerve. When I tried to cut back on the medicine si M taking feels like my left leg feels 30 lbs heavier...

Last reply
  • Pain and irritation in back , groin and testicle

I have been suffering pain and irritation around groin ,back and testicle since five weeks . Pain radiates through these areas. I had visited urologist and did CT scan , doppler test , urine test.Everything came normal except minimal hydrocele in the left testicle. What might be the cause of these problems?...

Last reply
  • Three years post microdiscectomy

i had this done on right side sciatic nerve trapped and recovered. In last month i have had a pain in the left side which is beginning to feel similar and i need painkillers each day. is it possible its just a passing thing or is it another disc herniation starting?

Last reply
  • Thoracic pain in my right side is unbearable

I'm 18 years old and for 7 years I have been suffering pain in my thoracic area but only on the right side. The pain will always begin between 4pm and 6pm and last until around 12pm the next day when the pain will ease and then on many occasions the pain will begin again for further consecutive night....

Last reply
  • Microdiscectomy

had this four years ago.  Now having pain on opposite side of back, no reason, just appeared.  I am on warfarin,  wonder if it affects your bones, or if its just a blip.

Last reply
  • Spinal stenosis

Had acute pain in right leg for 15 months which Gp was saying was hip and knee osteoarthritis and was prescribed cocodamol and later Tramadol which only took the edge off. Had knee and hip x-rays which showed minimal arthritis. Eventually I insisted on seeing a hip surgeon privately and he not only was...

Last reply
  • Upper back pain

Hello, So this morning I got back Into bed as our little one had woken up. I was laying flat on my back and used my right elbow to kind of roll me onto my left side. As I did this I got an excruciating pain on my right side just below my shoulder blade. So painful at first it took my breath away. ...

Last reply
  • Disc protrusions L2/L3 and L3/L4

Hi i have just got my MRI results back which I have included a picture of. They are no sending me for Facet joint medial branch block injections has anybody had these done and do they work if they do work then they want to send me for facet joint Rhizolysis/Radio frequency lesioning (Denervation) can...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.