Skip to content

Backache

Also known as Lower Back Pain

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

• back and hip pain

so spinal surgeons looked my scans ad they feel there are that there are some subtle changes which might cause my which still suffering as said before they thought  i had fracture of the sacrum but cause i had lot physio before had my MRI scan but still have lower back pain and terrible burning...

• Back pain/Sciatica L5-S1

Having Extrafemoral decompression and noninstrumented facet  fusion. I am aware noninstrumented facet fusion refers to no plates or screws. Only found very little info on line. What does it consists of? Told I will be going home a few hours after the surgery. I am in allot of pain and unbearable....

• L5-S1

L5-S1 Herniated disks compressed nerves (Sciatica) Back in September 2017, I underwent Laminectomy and transfemoral decompression. Ever since have had two epidural injection and have made my symptoms worse. By 2:00 pm I am in agonizing pain. Pain both of my butt down my leg that at times unbearable to...

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Just found out I have buldging from L2-S2

Started out as pretty extreme pain, going to my hip and but, then down my leg. I ignored it for as long as I could. Then I finally went and got an MRI done. They had given me some gabapentin, which I've taken before for buldging discs in my neck. Then also gave me some codeine. Gab helps some, but...

Last reply
  • back and hip pain

so spinal surgeons looked my scans ad they feel there are that there are some subtle changes which might cause my which still suffering as said before they thought  i had fracture of the sacrum but cause i had lot physio before had my MRI scan but still have lower back pain and terrible burning...

Posted
  • Back ache L5-S1

L5-S1 Herniated disks compressed nerves (Sciatica) Back in September 2017, I underwent Laminectomy and transfemoral decompression. Ever since have had two epidural injection and have made my symptoms worse. By 2:00 pm I am in agonizing pain. Pain both of my butt down my leg that at times unbearable to...

Last reply
  • Back pain/Sciatica L5-S1

Having Extrafemoral decompression and noninstrumented facet  fusion. I am aware noninstrumented facet fusion refers to no plates or screws. Only found very little info on line. What does it consists of? Told I will be going home a few hours after the surgery. I am in allot of pain and unbearable....

Posted
  • L5-S1

Posted
  • Help! Constant 11 week long back and stomach pain

Where do I start. I am a 28 year old male, overall pretty healthy before now.  About 11 weeks ago I began having upper abdominal pain with mid to upper back pain. My stomach was seemed off. My doctor recommended Prilosec, and Sulcrafate just in case I had an ulcer. She also ordered blood work which...

Last reply
  • Back pain

Do you know getting fed up with nowhere fast who do go back to i have terrfiic pain my lower back pain as had off on nearly two years need some advice no seem to go over all the time i went gp today i have fall as i said before but i'm embarresed now had a litlle bit leakage at night get in the night...

Posted
  • Chronic back pain

I did get in touch yesterday with my Rhuematoloist yesterday because feed up with just been giving pain killers all the time physio going send me to back to back doctor which been before i find waste of money i just wish some could help get to proper pain clinic i just fed up not be listen to.  

Posted
  • back pain

I had this back pain now for 6 months now after fall i had in December and still in great deal of pain but no one listening i have been having Physio for number months which is fine but i'm in agony had MRI which came back clear after an x-ray showed a hair line fracture but now on load painkillers...

Last reply
  • Body Plasticity

Not sure if this is the right place for this question as it's probably a physiotherapy topic but....... This question is about how the body grows and its ability to change over time. Several years ago I started having back and knee pain and was diagnosed with a herniated disc. Even more worrying...

Posted
  • Back pain

i had a fall at Christmas and they thought they could see insuffiecent fracture on x-ray   of sacrum the but now had MRI scan  has come back clear which is good but still have terrible pain in  in my lower back i been having physio for 6 months but still no difference i went yesterday...

Last reply
  • No idea what it is feeling worried :(

Hi I hope you don’t mind me posting.  About 2 weeks ago I began getting back pain, it isn’t an ache and isn’t made worse my moving.   It feels like a real deep gnawing ache/pain that is in my lower  back but can spread upwards and down my legs too.  Normally I wake and it feels better...

Last reply
  • Mid back muscular pain

Hi all, I had posted a couple of weeks ago in regards to back pain. My doctor has put it down to health anxiety but surely constant pain for 3 months suggests there's something wrong in my back. My main issue is I have no initial cause for it. I remember waking up with it and since I've had...

Last reply
  • Severe Back Pain

Hey, my name is Zivvy.  Here's some background info: I have multiple scoliosis, and I have back pain every day. Increasingly, I have to pop my back multiple times a day, for small reliefs, but I find nothing that helps with it. My doctor thinks it's mainly caused by my breasts, and she wants...

Posted
  • Do u know more about non surgical spinal decompression table?

I'm working in an IT Company and always I have a busy schedule. I used to be engaged most of the time at work and I don't even take any toilet breaks or even a coffee break. My colleague used to call me nicknames as I'm working for a huge time. They treat me as a workaholic person. These...

Last reply
  • back pain and loss of balance

after half an  hour of walking, some of it steep inclines, my back suddenly goes very weak and I start to fall forward and lose my balance, the pain is really bad but after a half hour sit down it's not so bad until I get up and walk and I lose my balance again, I can't walk without...

Last reply
  • MRI showed a bulging disc pushing on a nerve...

I have been having back pain for YEARS, its gotten steadily worse, and it cost me my job 2 weeks ago.  I finally went to my doctor and told him "look, I have been begging you for an MRI or CT scan on my back for years, and you wouldn't give me one, now its cost me my job, I NEED A MRI" ...

Last reply
  • Possible Rib problem after chiro?

Hello, I have been doing chiro for 2 weeks no for my neck. My last 2 visits (today and 3 days ago) he also worked a bit on my mid back. Yesterday I started getting a dull pain in my lower left rib cage, right over where your spleen would be. How likely would it be to cause a problem with my rib? I’m...

Last reply
  • CBD Cream for pain relief?

Hi guys, I have suffered with chronic back pain from and old sports injury. i have done some research into cbd cream helping relieve aches and pains. has anyone ever used isodiol bioactive rapid cream before? does cbd cream actually work?  

Last reply
  • Night time backache between shoulder blades

For a decade or three I've suffered from back pain between my shoulder blades at night. The pain comes and goes for weeks - lasting from 2 weeks to 2 months but only at night. I had all R ribs broken in a car crash in 1997 but tbh I don't think it's related. The pain is similar to what I...

Last reply
  • Painful backache episodes lasting for a few weeks

Some info first: Age: 46 Sex: female Height: 164cm Weight: 58kg Race: caucasian Duration of complaint: so far ~two weeks this time, many similar episodes in the pas Location: mainly trapezius muscles Any existing relevant medical issues (if any): started menopause Current medications (if any): none ...

Last reply
  • Left mid thoracic pain 24/7 for 3 months now.

I wonder if anyone can relate to this ?   I’ve had a pain VERY LOCALISED slightly to the left of my mid back.  It’s there all the time. Worse with deep inhaling. Nothing else really aggravates it. ?  Dr say s muscular, osteopath say stuck emotion.  (Haha google says pancreatic cancer)....

Last reply
  • Back and shoulder pain

've been having back pains for 1 and a half month now. Massage relieves it temporarily then it will be back again. By the way I work 8 hours a day in front of a computer for 8 years now so I'm thinking maybe it's because of poor posture. Usually it hurts in the morning specially if I overslept....

Last reply
  • Post spinal fusion

Hello everyone, I am ten weeks post surgery for a L5 S1 fusion. So far the pain in my right foot is still worse than before surgery. My physical therapist says to be patient it will take a while to get better. A while? Anyone have any experience with a spinal fusion? A had the surgery because of excruciating...

Last reply
  • Chronic back pain

Ok so I’ve had back pain for the past couple of years but lately it has gotten so much worse. It’s mostly mid and lower but it’s hard to pin point one exact spot. Sometimes the pain spreads to my ribs and I also have been experiencing some abdominal pain which may or may not be related. The back pain...

Posted
  • Radiculopathy

Dear,  My dad is having backbone problem from last 18 Years.  this is his current MRI report from one month back.  IMpression No1Fusion of C5 and C6 vertebral bodies with loss of intervening disc space No2 Circumferential disc bulge with uncovertebral spurring at C4. -C5 with left paracentral...

Last reply
  • Severe lower back pain left suddenly disappeared

In the past few weeks I've been having pain in my left lower back, from the ribs to the pelvis/hip (iliac crest) radiating to my butt and the outer side of my leg. The pain wasn't continuously the same. One moment it was worse than another and sometimes it was more painful in the ribs than in...

Posted
  • Sciatica

After L5-S1 surgery in September 2017 and 2 epidural injections, I am in scrutiating pain, nerve pain down both of side of my legs, with tingling numbing sensation all the way to button of my foot and the three toes starting with the toe. What makes me even worst is sitting down for more than 5 minutes....

Posted
  • Wedge n crushed t12

I fell last year and damaged my t12 . I had a second X-ray that showed my vertibrea had collapsed another 60 %. I’m still off work 7 month later in pain , finding it difficult to walk. I’m now getting pains in my hands making it really difficult to use my thumbs. I’ve recdntly had an mri and waiting...

Posted
  • MRI question, can anyone help?

Hello, my name is Jenn..Not sure if I am in the right discussion group, but I have a question about MRI scans.  I had a MRI scan of a pancreatic cyst and the report said it was "non enhancing".  Does anyone one know what this means I can't seem to get any info I can understand.

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.