Skip to content

Backache

Also known as Lower Back Pain

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Severe leg pain

In September had laminectomy and a foraminotomy to remove pressure of the nerve L4-S1 ever since had 2?epidural injections and every day, I struggle having severe sciatica pain in both legs making it unbearable to walk, taking Vicodin and Lyrica with very little pain control. I still have 2 herniated...

Last reply
  • Pain and Pressure in Back When I Lay Down Flat

I'm 15 years old and for about two months I've been having some bad back pain. I was thinking maybe scoliosis but I'm pretty sure you have to be born with it and I didn't have it before. When it first started I would just get sore sometimes and my back would just hurt while I was lying...

Last reply
  • Post operative back pain mainly on uttocks

I am a male  physician 54 years old, working in Saudi Arabia, I have morbid obesity. My BMI was 48 with BW of 160 KG. I did intestinal by- pass operation 2 weeks ago in Cairo - Egypt.   I had previous operation of Gastric Sleeve on 2008. Due to this , I have abdominal adhesions which lead...

Last reply
  • Trying to get a diagnosis.

Hi everyone, apologies if I rant new to this and need to get this off my chest. ​I've had lower back pain for around 4 years or so and feel like I've been on all the tablets available from every doctor possible. I'm currently on 15mg of codeine which I can take in 1,2's or 4 tablets...

Last reply
  • Radiculopathy

Dear,  My dad is having backbone problem from last 18 Years.  this is his current MRI report from one month back.  IMpression No1Fusion of C5 and C6 vertebral bodies with loss of intervening disc space No2 Circumferential disc bulge with uncovertebral spurring at C4. -C5 with left paracentral...

Posted
  • Lower back and hip pain.

I have always suffered somewhat with back pain and was diagnosed with Scheuermann's Disease as a child/ teen. I am now in my 40's and I don't know what to do. I suffer with lower back pain and hip pain on a regular basis, and yesterday and today I am unable to do anything. However I sit,...

Last reply
  • Painful backache episodes lasting for a few weeks

Some info first: Age: 46 Sex: female Height: 164cm Weight: 58kg Race: caucasian Duration of complaint: so far ~two weeks this time, many similar episodes in the pas Location: mainly trapezius muscles Any existing relevant medical issues (if any): started menopause Current medications (if any): none ...

Last reply
  • Causes for constant lower backache

Hi All I've been having lower backache for a couple of weeks now and I was wondering if any of you kind people might be able to shed some light on what could be possible causes for this. The ache seems to be a 6 to 8 inch band located in the pit of my back, and will now and again throb to a mild...

Last reply
  • 3 bulging discs in 2 spinal regions

Hi folks Im a paediatric student nurse, due to graduate later this year and not come across this type of injury before in practice hence me asking. My back seized up at the beginning of February, I’ve been to see my doctor and after an MRI diagnosed three bulging discs one pressing on my spine. Currently...

Last reply
  • back pain and loss of balance

after half an  hour of walking, some of it steep inclines, my back suddenly goes very weak and I start to fall forward and lose my balance, the pain is really bad but after a half hour sit down it's not so bad until I get up and walk and I lose my balance again, I can't walk without...

Last reply
  • Severe back pain only when lying down

Hi, I am enquiring about a problem i have been experiencing with my back over the last couple of weeks. Whenever i lay on my back in bed i get severe pain in the lower right side of my back and i have to take shallow breathes because it hurts too much to take full breathes. Depending on how i lie in...

Last reply
  • Pinching lower right and middle back pain

It started this afternoon. I tried picking my medium sized (maybe 40lb) dog up, as he needed a bath. When I did, I got and extreme pinching pain in my lower right back. I ran into my bed room screaming and later down. The pain lessened and eventually I stood up and I felt lightheaded. The lightheadedness...

Last reply
  • Back problems ?

Hey y’all! I am in need of some advice or thoughts. So I’m a 20 year old male. I’m very active. Gym 6/7 days a week and I play sports. The only thing really wrong with me is my diet and I drink, but that’s all. Recently I’ve been having weird muscle issues. So I wake up with lower back pain. After working...

Last reply
  • Where do I start?

Long story short, I am 42 but in 2012 had major back surgery. Now in 2018 I still suffer and I am on lots of meds and have no one to talk to about it. No one I understands and I feel so lonely.

Last reply
  • New sudden pain after microdisc sugary

Ok so a little about my history first. I was first diagnosed with dehydrating disc back in 2005 after an MRI following a car wreck. In 2007 i was helping my family lay tile and sneezed while reaching for tile. The next day I was in horrible pain. The following week I had another MRI and was in formed...

Last reply
  • Need chiropractic Treatment

Hi, my sister's name is Melissa. She is twenty-five years old. She is pregnant with her second child. She is twenty-five weeks pregnant right now. She says that she experiences a grinding sensation in her pelvis. The grinding seems to come from the front, at her pubic bone, as well as the back. She...

Last reply
  • sciatica?

hi, a week ago was going down the atairs and got the most shocking pain in my back on the right side. I have always got aches in my foot and hip and thigh for years, always put it down to emergency c section i had 14 years ago. Anyway started as a pain couldn't not walk proper,my left leg kept...

Last reply
  • Back pain lower for over 4 months Help Please

Hi All, ​I'm currently having lots of issues with my lower back constantly aching, I'm 32 average body, pretty active well trying to stay active when the back allows, none smoker. ​So this started around Xmas time, just woke up one day and my back was aching, thought nothing of it and it has...

Last reply
  • Sciatic nerve pain so bad I can’t stand it

Please help I have had bad sciatic pain since January 4th all I can do is lay down with ice pack & hot water bottle which helps very little 😞 I have had 2 SI injections last one 2 weeks ago they have done nothing for my pain, I have done chiropractor, PT, massage, oils, creams etc pain meds...

Last reply
  • Have any of you tried posture correctives?

I suffer from chronic back pain, and I've been reading online that posture corrective really works. But I have my doubts, however, as to whether this is true or not. I've read a kind of review on this site https://www.ijoobi.com/health/posture-corrective/ but I don't know if it's really...

Last reply
  • Back problems

Received another set of results from a MRI today ; However it all looks double Dutch to me..  it says  Absence of the posterior elements below S1 Mild retrololisthesis L2-3 L3-L4 No evidence of disc protrusions Facet Artropathy at L4-l5 and L5 -S1  The lumber...

Posted
  • I'm really scared

For the last week I have been having pain from the lower left side of my back to the crease where my leg and groin meet. Some times it even moves over my left hip. It seems to radiate down my thigh, to behind my knee and into the base of my foot. The pain is not constant though and the spots in my thigh...

Last reply
  • What is best treatment for back pain and neck pain?

Everyone catches a stiff back or neck at least once in their lifetime which might happen due to a wrong posture while sleeping or it might be at the end of a hectic workday. Some of the following neck pain and lower back pain solutions provide pain relief to such people: Acupuncture: Acupuncture is...

Last reply
  • Back and chest pain since December

Hi,  So I was wondering if anyone has/is experiencing the same thing but it’s teally bothering me now. I pulled my back last augustbhad physio and was fab then come December I started with a pain at the bottom of my shoulder blade that seemed to radiate to the front of my chest (under breast)....

Last reply
  • Sacrialic joint fusion

Anyone had an SI fusion? I have a failed l4/5 fusion and was told I would need revision however I saw my surgeon on Wednesday and he has suggested that I wear a brace for 3 weeks so he can determine if it's the lumbar fusion that needs fixed or if my pain is coming from the SI joint and if so he...

Posted
  • Spinal lumber

Hi  Received another set of results from a MRI today ; However it all looks double Dutch to me..  it says  Absence of the posterior elements below S1 Mild retrololisthesis L2-3 L3-L4 No evidence of disc protrusions Facet Artropathy at L4-l5 and L5 -S1  The lumber and sacral canal...

Posted
  • L4-S1 chronic back pain

Skip to content Patient - Trusted medical information and support Patient.info Logo  Making lives better    Unfollow this discussion  Volleyballmom Volleyballmom L4-S1 update laminectomy and a foraminotomy Posted a day ago In September 2017 I had laminectomy and a foraminotomy...

Last reply
  • Muscle Pain Twiching all over body

It all started 4 years I got sudden lower left back pain. I am now 20 years old female. I went to multiple doctors emergency rooms and they say prolly just muscle sprain but it never went away. My back hurts when I walk sometimes and when I lay on my stomach. I’ve even felt burning sensation on my back....

Last reply
  • L4-S1 update laminectomy and a foraminotomy

In September 2017 I had laminectomy and a foraminotomy for 2 herniated disk and to decompress 3 nerves.  After 3 months postup I started to experience more nerve and low back pain on my right side. Another MRI was performed and the report says, that I still have 2 herniated disk with “somewhat”...

Posted
  • Degenerative disc disease, anyone got symptoms like mine???

Hi, I've had back ache to a greater or lesser extent for about 2 years. An MRI scan showed degenerative disc disease (which I know is very common in people of my age). However the pain doesn't feel as though it's in my spine! the actual pain is on each side of the spine, sometimes as far...

Last reply
  • Mattress

Hi, I struggle with a back condition and after some years of struggling to turn painfully in a single bed I treated myself to a double. I thought rolling over would be easier than turning! Anyway, nice bed BUT too firm. Would a mattress topper help and if so which one would anyone recommend ? Many thanks

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.