Skip to content

Backache

Also known as Lower Back Pain

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Post Microdisectomy L5/S1 new problem?

Hi Everyone, I am a 31 year old male, 6ft 180 pounds. Last year i hurt my back rowing, i continued to lift on it for months and ended up with a horrible extruded disk in L5/S1 that was causing pain in the back of my left leg.  I had my first microdisectomy there in April 17 and it felt amazing...

Posted
  • Lower back issues

Had problems with lower back for over 40 years. Having an assessment this Thursday at hospital. Bad lower back and burning pain on rear upper legs when sitting and tail bone pain. Hoping to get an MRI scan at some point. Taking dual pain killers daily and a diazepam occasionally as doc said it would...

Last reply
  • Naproxen for lower back pain and shooting leg pain?

I twisted the right side of my back in the gym which has led to severe pain in my lower back (right at the bottom of the spine) and shooting pains down my right leg. It actually hurts more to sit down than stand up. The Doctor diagnosed a muscle spasm and gave me 500mg Naproxen.  After taking...

Last reply
  • Strapping Tape

When my physio tapes my back it really helps as a support and to correct my posture but when it comes to taking  it off its hard because you cant reach it properly.  Other than the obvious get someone to do it for you does anyone have any suggestions  

Posted
  • Back pain relieved by leaning forward

Hey all I've had back pain for over 4 months and seems to be relieved by leaning forward, putting this into google shows up pancreatic cancer, is there any other explanation then this?

Last reply
  • Mattress

Hi, I struggle with a back condition and after some years of struggling to turn painfully in a single bed I treated myself to a double. I thought rolling over would be easier than turning! Anyway, nice bed BUT too firm. Would a mattress topper help and if so which one would anyone recommend ? Many thanks

Last reply
  • Upper back pain help and questions.

I’m 20 years old for the past year I’ve been getting on and off back pain. I think it stems from sitting for long periods of time. Im doing online school work where I’ll sit from 8am- 4. I think the main thing I’m worried about is that I have thrown up before while having the pain. Has anyone else had...

Last reply
  • 23 years of back pain

Brief history.  Had 2 children, both born with an epidural.  First epidural in 1991 was no problem but the second in 1994 when administered pain shot through my back and into my right hip.  Birth went well though felt discomfort in my hip.  After the epidural was taken out I was still...

Last reply
  • Advice on lower back lateral pain please

Hi, ​I'm a 42-year old male, 85 kg, 1m90, in good general health with no history of back pain. I exercise regularly, usually running twice a week and swimming twice a week (last year I ran a marathon). 9 weeks ago I started to feel pain in my lower left back during the night.  It has since...

Last reply
  • Hardware failure in back surgery

I found out this week that my double fusion (L4-L5, L-5-S-1) He said my case only happens about once a year for him. I don't understand all of it, my bones didn't grow around the bolts or something, honestly I was in shock. I guess I need an emergency surgery, well 2 of them one from the...

Last reply
  • Back hasn’t been hurting a lot struggling to walk and sleep.

My lower back (left side above my bum) has been hurting on and off for around a year. About a week ago the pain came back but was Bareable until yesterday. I’m 16 and play at a high level football collage full time, training and gym 3-5 times a week. Since yesterday bending down hurts a lot even trying...

Last reply
  • Back problems for over 2 years

Hello, Apologies if this turns into a long post, I'm trying to keep it as brief as possible. Around 2 years ago, I was working for an airline as cabin crew. I hit my back on a corner of a crew seat in unexpected turbulence, but at the time thought nothing of it.  Around a month later, I woke...

Last reply
  • backache and doctor trouble

Right, I have had a bad back on and off for nearly two years and I’m getting nowhere. I have right SI joint and lower back pain, my left side is now hurting also and I have pain in my left butt cheek that goes down the back of my leg. I also recently started getting left leg pain. I also for the last...

Last reply
  • Ongoing back and leg pain

Hi, So about 4 months ago i hurt my back and i thought it was nothing at the start. But after a few days it was still sore and my left leg began to have a numb and tingling pain. I finally went to the doctor where he said i had sciatica, and it should go away within 4 weeks. But after 2 months the pain...

Last reply
  • Failed fusion, Revision surgery is an option??

Hi guys, for those that don't know... I had a spinal fusion 14 years ago and been in chronic pain since, I went to see a private neuro 2 weeks ago where he told me that I have no fusion at all and all that's left in the space is the metal cage (he thinks or my own bone is growing)  About...

Last reply
  • Pain 5 Weeks After L4/5 Lumbar Disectomy

Hi Everyone I am on week 5 post op, I had a lumbar discectomy on my L4-5 discs after over a year of pain and lumbar injections and a neucleoplasty (cant spell) The first few weeks had the obvious expected pain and low movement. By week 3 I had more movement and less pain. Week 4 I reduced my meds and...

Last reply
  • Back pain going

I have had severe abdominal and more recently lower abdominal and deep lower back pain for the past 3 years. I spent years exercising regularly. Stretching, swimming cycling, walking aerobics yoga and pilates. It helped. But recently I have tried healthy eating to keep my weight down., principles being...

Last reply
  • Lumbar Pain and Walking Issues

Question - I'm wondering if anyone has had or is having issues with their legs giving out on them with extreme pain in the lower back that starts up after 30 minutes of general low impact walking.  ----------History - I have lower back pain (spinal arthritis with degeneration - diagnosed though...

Last reply
  • Lumbar instability??

I'm back again. So iv had an k4/5 fusion 14 years ago, thoracic arachnoid cyst with spinal cord compression t2-6, cervical degeneration with multi level disc bulges, bone spurs, lordosis. About 7 weeks ago something happened to my lower back, it just gave way, it feels like my lower back has snapped...

Last reply
  • pain

I will suggest you to try carisoprodol tablets for backpain.  

Posted
  • My upper spine feels sore when I press on certain spots?

I'd consider myself to be a fairly healthy, active 18 year old female. However, for the last 5 years or so, I've been experiencing upper back pain that only seems to have worsened. There are certain spots on my spine that feel incredibly sore if I press on them, and I seem to be very prone to...

Last reply
  • What is best treatment for back pain and neck pain?

Everyone catches a stiff back or neck at least once in their lifetime which might happen due to a wrong posture while sleeping or it might be at the end of a hectic workday. Some of the following neck pain and lower back pain solutions provide pain relief to such people: Acupuncture: Acupuncture is...

Last reply
  • Body falling apart?

Hi I’m  a 124 Ib. 19 year old female and since Sept 30, 2017 I have been suffering from body pain (except legs and arms and no headaches). It was completely sudden. It started off with not being able to stand or walk for more than 5 minutes without this heavy weight(pressure) on my lower back, only...

Last reply
  • Back and leg pain

Does anyone else have this problem? I have degerative disc disease, I've had it since I was 23 years old. I had a ruptured disc when I was 19, and 2 laminectomies by the time I was 30. I had my first fusion when I was 34 and am looking to get another one in a month. I have been on pain meds for...

Last reply
  • Severe lower back pain?

Today I’ve had severe lower back pain to the point I want to cry. It’s only relieved when I lay down on my bed or maybe when I sit on the couch but when I walk or stand it becomes very painful. I’ve tried stretching it but it didn’t seem to help either. I’ve also been bed ridden for about a day and a...

Last reply
  • Back pain, steadily worsening, radiating up and down? Help :-(

Around 3 weeks ago I awoke with lower back pain that I managed with anti-inflammatories and other painkillers. Soon after the pain began radiating to hips and both legs. The intensity of the pain would worsen and relieve slightly giving me periods of respite. However, for around a week now it has been...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.