Skip to content
Ad

Backache

Also known as Lower Back Pain

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Heat Pads

Has anyone used the heat pads you can buy that when you take them out of the packet they heat up.  The one I have recommends not putting it directly on the skin if you are over 50 but put it on top of a layer of clothes Any views on this

Last reply
  • Cofused with wording on Mri

Hi, I'm new here and wonder if anyone can help. To cut a long story short I have been suffering with back pain for some time. A while ago I was sent for full Mri. When I went to G.p for results he told me everything had come back clear and was absolutely fine. This was some time ago and have recently...

Last reply
  • Back pain relieved by leaning forward

Hey all I've had back pain for over 4 months and seems to be relieved by leaning forward, putting this into google shows up pancreatic cancer, is there any other explanation then this?

Last reply
  • Herniated disk: drug which “erase”(?) muscle memory

There is a drug that is produced in Germany. I was get receipt by my neurologist in 2011 for the hernia in the lower back. Before this I was suffering for years, nothing helped, and this drug worked as a miracle and I forgot about hernia for 6 years. This drug, as the doctor explained to me, "erases"...

Last reply
  • A lot of symptoms and no answers

Ok this is going to be a long post I’ll try make it as to the point as I can  I have in the last couple months been having so many different things happening and no one is able to give me any answers  It first starts when I go to the doctor because my back is in a lot of pain, lower, middle,...

Last reply
  • Still in pain, what do I do?

I had a fall almost 8 weeks ago where I broke two thoracic vertebrae (T11 and T12). Yesterday was the day I was officially allowed to stop wearing my brace (slowly), however I’ve been in some pain. Yesterday I took the brace off for around half an hour (which had been the norm anyway for the past few...

Last reply
  • Neck, shoulders and spine cracking

My lower back is quite painful most of the time (I fell on my coccix 15 years ago) and at night it pops and cracks constantly. My neck and shoulders also crack quite a lot too. I had SPD through both of my pregnancies, last year and 4 years ago. I have a misaligned kneecap (both popped a number of years...

Last reply
  • Terrible back pain with odd symptoms

I'm not sure if I'm posting this in the correct group but I really need help. I apologize in advance for this being so lengthy but I feel I need to cover everything. Also I'm 14 years old and female. About a month ago I was experiencing low back pain. But as I had just come home about...

Last reply
  • Mycotic Arthritis - Start asking your doctor about it.

I discovered a reference to this condition recently and it led me to diagnose and succesfully self treat my lower back pain and sciatic pain. I hope it's helpful to others suffering from the same condition. Mycotic Arthiritis is a fungal infection of the load bearing joints. (knees, hips and spine)....

Last reply
  • Lower back issues

Had problems with lower back for over 40 years. Having an assessment this Thursday at hospital. Bad lower back and burning pain on rear upper legs when sitting and tail bone pain. Hoping to get an MRI scan at some point. Taking dual pain killers daily and a diazepam occasionally as doc said it would...

Last reply
  • Faucet joint rhizotomy

Hi, I have faucet joint injections 3 x a year and was wandering if anyone had this done then went on to have rhizotomy, I'm wanting to know if this procedure is more painful than the injections, thanks 

Posted
  • Alternative Treatments

I started a discussion about lower back pain from my 4 level lumber degenerative discs. I found what I was looking for in the news paper article on "FehrFix" procedure and treatment. I long for something like this. See some of the article links I've supplied below.  https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-4002894/amp/Can-implant-swells-like-cooked-spaghetti-really-ease-pain-unusual-procedure-lowers-risk-paralysis-surgery.html...

Last reply
  • What should I do to get rid of my back pain?

Hello, I've been having extremely bad lower back pain. It doesn't happen often but my lower back just goes and I can't stand up, in pain, can't bend down. I'm a 19 year old girl and it's happened 3 times so far so I'm a bit worried as to why. I'm also a street dancer so...

Last reply
  • Learning about why and how it hurts does help a lot

Hi. I've had back pain on and off since I was seventeen. Since I mistreated my body at such a young age, I decided to study physiotherapy to learn how to recover.  I want to share my knowledge with others who are suffering. It' s possible to get your life back because the neuroscience and...

Last reply
  • Lower Lumber Degenerative Discs

I've had Lower Lumber Degenerative Discs well before 2009 but only discovered that year I had 3 level and now today I have 4 level. Consultants say I have only iptions to keep having Nerve Blocks and Facet Injections or 4 Level fusion with decompression and similar pain. What's the pint in that! ...

Last reply
  • 23 years of back pain

Brief history.  Had 2 children, both born with an epidural.  First epidural in 1991 was no problem but the second in 1994 when administered pain shot through my back and into my right hip.  Birth went well though felt discomfort in my hip.  After the epidural was taken out I was still...

Last reply
  • Failed fusion, advice please

Ok so I have a failed fusion l4/5 and I have questions.... So it's took them 14 years to diagnose that the bone fusion never took, so my question is If the screws are solid but the fusion dosnt take would I still have pain Would the non fusion eventually put strain on the solid screws causing them...

Posted
  • Worried

It may be coincidence but I have a four month old granddaughter who had a difficult start so after spending many many hours rocking her etc I have developed low back pain and heavy aching legs I’ve been to physio but not made any difference. On top of this I have really severe anxiety which makes me...

Last reply
  • Chronic lower back /hip & leg pain

ive been suffering chronic lower left back, left hip and leg pain for 18 months. I've had physio & acupuncture, with no improvement. X-ray showed general age related wear & tear and I'm awaiting results for Mri scan. I've  just been prescribed Lyrica and womder d if anyone has...

Last reply
  • Back / Buttock Pain

Further to my earlier posts, the back / buttock pain is making me bend forward when I am walking I cannot straighten up Any ideas what I can do, I may have to ask my physio to tape me up so I can be in the upright position

Last reply
  • Back Pain That Speads

I am a 60 year old male who has started getting pains intermittently at the bottom of my back. It sometimes spreads and the pain is in my upper back / shoulders and then another time is in my side which has gone down to my testicles.  Since July I have had a pain in my left arm normally around the...

Last reply
  • Piriformis pain

Has anyone had problems on the hip /buttock / piriformis and if so what helped sometimes I can barely walk or stand , Does a belt or taping give short term relief if so what sort of belt or what sort of taping worled

Last reply
  • low back pain for 2 months, what could this be?

MY lower back pain is only prominent when i walk for long periods of time and do certain excercises that involve the use of the lower back. prior to this, i use to weightlift successully for 3 years before i stopped after an injury on my shoulder. the pain started around when i stopped and became lazy....

Last reply
  • Mattress

Hi, I struggle with a back condition and after some years of struggling to turn painfully in a single bed I treated myself to a double. I thought rolling over would be easier than turning! Anyway, nice bed BUT too firm. Would a mattress topper help and if so which one would anyone recommend ? Many thanks

Last reply
  • getting embarrassed - 2 months of lower back pain

hey everyone, have been desperately searching the internet for solutions regarding my lower back pain. i'm a 35yo mum to 2. i've had lower back pain in the past but not for 2 months almost constantly. never visited the doc  for this reason before because i'm scared a bit of results....

Last reply
  • Recently diagnosed Degenerative disc disease

Hello everyone I am a 27 year old female in February of 17 I started having a headache in the top of my head which would come and go later I started having headaches with leg cramps I went to the ER where they did CT on my head and Doppler on my legs with bloodwork all came back clear in March I was...

Last reply
  • i have had back pain for 3 years. help?

Hi, I'm a 16 year old female and I have been suffering from back and foot pain on and of for about 3 years. I do not know if the problems are related as they do not occur at the same time. Back pain: I randomly get a sharp stabbing pain in the lower middle of my back just above my dimples. the pain...

Last reply
  • Back cramps..lower back.

started having back cramps at my lower back. when doing hoovering, and even the dishes (washing up) hurts. never had cramps in my back before and it really hurts. I have enough salt and know it isn't that as may be a myth about that.. anyone else have it, know what its about?? ty

Last reply
  • Pain between hip and buttock

Over a period of weeks to months I have developed left sided pain between my hip and buttock what seems to reduce the pain is pain is pressing hard on the pain site or using a belt or strong tape to compress the area Does this make sense and longer term what can I do  

Posted
  • I am having real bad pain in my lower back and I can't move

It doesn't matter what I do it will start hurting really bad in the lower part of my back its a stabbing pain especially if I try to stand up straight or sit or get up or lay down or just trying to walk period this has happened to me three other times in three months now I'm 31 years old never...

Last reply
  • Severe back pain only when lying down

Hi, I am enquiring about a problem i have been experiencing with my back over the last couple of weeks. Whenever i lay on my back in bed i get severe pain in the lower right side of my back and i have to take shallow breathes because it hurts too much to take full breathes. Depending on how i lie in...

Last reply
  • Car suggestions having 2 broken vertebrae in my mid and lower back?

Sitting in my grandmothers car causes pain even after only 5/10 minutes. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions to stop it happening? I wear a back brace but where the seat is shaped there’s nothing for the lower part of my back to rest on so it hurts my back. I would use a cushion but I don’t...

Last reply
  • Pinched Nerve or Damaged disc?

Hi! I've had a pinched nerve in my back, neck, shoulder, and arm for three years. It's a terrible shooting and burning pain. I can't stand or sit for periods of time without awful pain. I can't lift or bend down either. I got an x-ray because they thought it was a damaged disc. X-ray...

Last reply
  • Upper back and neck pain

I have just finished travelling but I took a backpack that could turn into a suitcase so I never really had it on my back but I did have a small backpack on my back quite often and I have been back for just over a week now and my upper back and neck and causing me so much discomfort, I don't remember...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.