Back pain after gallbladder surgery

Posted , 2 users are following.

hello,

I had polyps in my gallbladder which was blamed for pain in my right upper quadrant. its been nearly 18 months after my surgery, I have severe pain in my right flank and mid back. multiple CT and MRIs have been done with no sign if diagnosis. I have been on Gabapentin, cymbalta, and dichlofenac sodium, and other meds. My pain continues with no end in sight. can anyone help me or share with me something that you know helped a similar situation. I used to be very active before my surgery, but now I can barely walk a mile. Please help.

1 like, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Edited

i am so sorry this surgery takes a long time to recover. please ask for another doc to do tests. its horrible when misery has replace a recovery . i went thru similar thing and eventually my gallbladder was removed and the bile duct had a blockage in the bile duct. don't gibe up find the reason for the pain keep searching. you have to be your own advocate most surgeries should resolve the issue unless they missed something .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.