Mid / upper back and side rib pain

Posted , 4 users are following.

i wonder if anyone can relate to this pain ! ive litrrally had it since feb with a very short break of about 5 weeks around sept time its pin point area just left of my spine , but then ghis spreads as the day goes on its always on the left side and can go into my shoulder and nexk i suffer from stress , but i really wonder if this could be related to a pancreas issueDR is no real help ive been so many times

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Fiona, I certainly relate to the doctor being no real help. I have had lower back pain since early this year. I have mild degeneration apparently lower back and neck areas. Like you I have pain free periods but it comes back again. I have corresponding nerve pain with burning and tingling. My experience is that during the day the heat and pain gets worse in all areas of my back. As the day goes on all your other muscles in back area become tired and sore as you have an i jury and they have to work extra hard. I even sometimes get pain in my ribs if i have been sitting or standing a lot through the day. The pain relieves when i lie and rest. I take gabapentin and nortiptyline and whilst i hate taking medication it does help. Particularly the large supportive muscles eithed side of my spine get sore as day goes on. Hope thus maybe helps you a bit. I have no pain when i wake up in the morning!

• Posted

i cant beleave i missed your reply. i can only say thankyou and hope your still here This does sound just like me im seeing a spine clinic in march i hope they sort this its taken over my life

• Posted

i can relate to some this your having mine started off in mid area pains then in back burning intense pains and around the ribs it's mostly bad at night but I get during the day sometimes the Dr's don't care as long as your breathing and have a normal temp the pain Lilleshall no longer work as I have become allergic to a lot of them look paracetamol is another name for the Americans use Tylenol only there's its much stronger I'm not sure what you have but mine maybe due to my kidneys the Dr's let slip but the the best finding out what alis you

• Posted

Is it high up around your rib cage? If so it could be an intercostal muscle strain. It won't show on an X-ray. To me it feels like a knife is sticking in my rib cage and every time I move I get this horrid stabbing pain. Mine have always started hurting in the front and then wraps around my side to my back. You'll learn a lot if you Google it. You can also find out more about it on YouTube.

• Posted

HI Fiona, I'm still here! I'm glad you have at long last got an appointment with a spine clinic and really hope they can help. I still have some issues with my back but it has become more manageable in the last few weeks. It is certainly not nearly as bad as it was. I too felt it was taking over my life but with the passing of time it seems to be improving so hang in there.! Let me know how you get on in March, all the best - Liz

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.