Aching hands and fingers

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi everyone! I’m having issues these last few weeks with aching hot hands? I’m 53 in Peri (no periods since Jan) and have a range of symptoms😞 but I’m really aware of my aching hands recently. They feel hot at times and joints achy etc. My thumb keeps twitching too these last few days and my fingers feel bouncy on the tips when I type. Maybe it’s nerve or rsi issues as I use a computer all day?

Sorry it’s hard to explain but is anyone else getting this? Maybe it’s arthritis (oh dear!!) ?  Keep worrying as usual so if anyone can reassure /advise that would be really lovely. Take care ladies xx

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Yessss!the reason i found this board wasbecause i was freaking out about this. Look up other threads!!I've had muscle twitches all over, muscle aches and esp my hands. My left thumb out of no where was twitching one night to the point it was moving involuntarily. I started taking supplements after watching a great youtube video on perimenopause with a naturopath and remembering magnesium may be low. I also started taking my Ds again and B complex. All things I have here but never remember to actually take lately. I dont know if this is truly the fix but they are mostly gone after a few days of taking these regularly. And I went back to no sugar, lowered my caffeine. Anxiety can bring on muscle pain and twitches too during peri since anxiety is already a peri symptom. Do some research and take heart. You are NOT alone.

• Posted

Oh definitely joint pain... I am 41. I also have a slight tremor in my hands.  My obgyn told me estrogen deficiency can cause joint pains...as long as all other causes have been ruled out.  Being a woman is just awesome right now...NOT!  😐

• Posted

Hi Kelly yeah!!! That’s exactly the same as me except my right thumb twitches all the time! It’s really off putting!

Thanks so much for your advice- I’m off to get magnesium I think. Big hugs lou xx

• Posted

The magnesium is worth a shot . I also upped my fish oil and my oil of oregano. Read about both as they pertain to anxiety/immune function/depression/energy!@. It tastes god awful, but I'm throwing that and everything at this!!

• Posted

Yes I've had aching fingers and wrists for 21/2 months now but I thought it was the Tibolone hrt I was on as was ok till 2 weeks into it and it just got worse and worse so I stopped the hrt to see if it was that as said on side effects can cause joint pain. Now over a month off hrt there still the same although a little better today. Do said it's more likely peri and gave me anti inflammatory s but my mother had the same so I'm worried its arthritic 😕 First thing in morning they are hot and stiff to. I've been doing hand exercises a couple of times a day.

• Posted

. My thumb keeps twitching too these last few days and my fingers feel bouncy on the tips when I type. Maybe it’s nerve or rsi issues as I use a computer all day?**

Wow - I could have written this! No idea if I'm perimenopausal or not (45 years old) but I have had this in both hands and all fingers, along with 24hr all over body twitching, for the last month! I have had MRI of brain, nerve conduction tests and so many bloods, all normal.

It's terrible no? I am having a neck scan in 2019 to rule out disc issues then will look at other options if it is still going on.

I hope your symptoms ease soon.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.