Aching in left side of my bum cheek

Posted , 6 users are following.

I’m 26 days  Postop  after Posterior  repair , and really not sure how I’m supposed to be feeling, went for a walk today as I have got  dull ache  down my left side going into leg , thought it was from resting to much , not sure what to do for the best , any  advice  😳

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi  Margaret

Did you have any other procedures during your op? If not then I wonder if you walked too far?  How far had you walked previously? I must admit walking accross our courtyard to the office is enough for me! 

If it doesn’t settle then perhaps discuss with your gp. I hope someone else in here can be of better assistance to you.wishing you continued healing.

• Posted

You haven't said how far you walked or how often previously you've been going for walks? Going for walks from early on is really important for whole bodies functioning. Starting with short walks around the house lots of times per day during first week, then slowly building that up to venturing outside, then 10min walks a few times per day in second week, 15mins in 3rd week, 20mins a few times a day in 4th week etc. 

• Posted

Hi Margaret

I had a anterior and prosterior sugery for a prolapse on the 15th Sept and I still get dull aches both down my leg and in my bottom. I also get a feeling occasionally if I have done too much of fullness in the op site. 

When I went to see a consultant she said that often happens as you are trying to over compensate in other areas and you get aches and pains but if it becomes to much get it checked . 

Hope it eases for you my lovely 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.