Aching Jaw

Posted , 2 users are following.

My jaw has been aching for over a month. Feels misaligned and hurts when chewing especially on the left side sometimes with intense pain that feel like stinging. At night it aches on either side if I position my head to sleeping on my side so I must sleep on my back. When I awake my entire jaw is sore. Most things I read on this matter name TMJ as the main cause of jaw pain but I do not going my teeth. I am stumped. It starting to really interfere with my day to day and I'm getting worried. I started taking Glucosamine Chrondroitin with Tumeric a week ago. Any ideas welcome. Thank you.

Background: Healthy, fit 43F. Eat clean, run/lift/HiiT 5x/week.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Im having the same chewing pain on the right side, they  said it was most likely tmj, i went to my dentist and had a nighttime guard made and my jaw hadn't hurt for months. just recently i lost it and my jaw is constantly throbbing and aching. I guess i would say try a cheap guard that you can fit your teeth and see if that helps.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.