Aching joints

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi you lovely ladies, so I’m having really bad pains in my joints and aches. Hips, shoulders, fingers etc. I’m in about my 3rd year of menapause, anybody else feel like me, it’s getting me down now. Im 51 and in the uk xx

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Karen I’m 52 and are exactly the same with many more symptoms it really does get you down I have been in perimenopause for about 2 years I still have periods but they are so random the aches in my joints are horrible feel about 90 most days really does get you down I even find day to day chores difficult I’m not taking anything trying to be strong and do it naturally but it is very hard I’m also in the uk sending hugs we can always talk on here 😘🤗🤗xx

• Posted

Hi Nanette I’m on hrt patches, they help with everything but joints. I also feel like I’m 90  most days. Thanks for your reply. Take care xx
  • Posted

Hi Karen.

I am into my forth year and I can get the same. Last week I had pain at certain points on my spine. I get joint ache in my left arm and at times I cannot use it. I could go on but yes, I am simular. I take vitamins etc but I feel this is just part of the course..well for myself. Go easy there on yourself. CK

• Posted

Thank you for replying. It’s a nightmare. You take care to xx
  • Posted

Hi Karen, I'm in UK too, been bloody cold lately hasnt it? Yes I have generalised aches and pains and they change where they pop up every few days, though some last alot longer. I find if its too hot or too cold they get worse I dont know about you. Lets hope we all have a speedy end to this horrible process. XXX

• Posted

I’m perimenopause and 48 and believed me  my hips, knees , lower back , mid back , left shoulder muscle pain that radiates to my arm and my left breast (stop last year and now. It is back ) dry eyes, headaches and neck pain ufff awful.  The doctor check me for hormones and all turned normal .   
  • Posted

Hi from Canada Karen, I too am going thru the achy joints as well. They seem to move around my body but lately it’s been my hands.  In my fingers especially, I’m a hairstylist and I need my hands to cooperate with me!! I’m post hysterectomy for about 10 years now and am 50 years old. The symptoms for me have been the worst in this past year. Between the sweating, dizziness, off balance and emotional up and down, I need a break to gather my strength!!  I take supplements to help me function and experiment with adaptation herbs as well.  I think I may go back on Ashwaghanda, it seems to have made a difference.  I just tried Macca Root but it really didn’t do much for me. Magnesium works awesome at night to help me sleep but I need something to really help with the emotions and dizziness. I can take the hot flashing and sweating, it’s the losing my mind part that is the worst for me. I wish someone could explain to me what brings it all to an end? Do the hormones just stop functioning? I know my estrogen number is very low by what I’ve seen on the charts so does it eventually reach 0 and then the symptoms stop? This is the info I’d like yo be a little more educated on!! So frustrating! Thank goodness for the site that we can visit and support one another!! All of you beautiful souls have been so helpful to me, thank you all for sharing❤️
    • Posted

Hi angie I went onto hrt conti patches 2 years ago for the dizziness and hot flushes this as helped but my joints are really bad at the moment x
  • Posted

I have the same thing!  Aches and pains, and sometimes just in one finger, but right now, my legs have been super sore and stiff!  I’m so baffled and i don’t know what to do other than drink a ton of water.  
  • Posted

Hi Karen,

Me too, 46 years old and feeling like i am in my 70's....I ache day in day out! my legs, hips, shoulder, back and neck. Today i am feeling a lot better as the weather is a little warmer.

So many things to complain with this perimenopause!!

Keep strong ladies x

• Posted

Hi Samantha we sure go through it. Yes I’m not to bad today cause it’s slightly warmer xx
  • Posted

Hi karen i am 51 been taking hrt for 3 years after ovary removal and have been fine but just recently i have been experiencing achey joints and muscles dry eyes and mouth nausea feeling in the mornings you are certainly not alone in how you are feeling i have had thyroid tested plus vit d and b12 i shall be going back to the doctors like you am fed up of feeling like this xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.