aching legs

Posted , 6 users are following.

How many of you ladies are suffering from severe aching legs, especially at night, a sort of a burning achy feeling, all night every night, mum reckons it could be the start of hip problems as she had this prior to hips giving her agony and ended up having two hips done. had this for years though now, worse on laying down too which is great when you want to sleep.

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

hi susan 

my body just ached  in general, legs. arms, more like stiffness like i need oiling..

i get phases of ankle stiffness like in the morning some days i walk to bathroom like a penguin, like ankles dont want to bend.. achilles tendons feel stiffened, it wears off as the day begins..

my knees feel creeky too and get abit of pain in one more than the other 

• Posted

Thanks for reply, dear oh me, this meanapause mimicks so many symptoms of what could be other problems going undetected is what worries me. I have M.E. as well so everything i get is usually put down to this.
  • Posted

I get this too...

Dont worry you are not alone.  I too feel like a penguin in the morning as my heels are usually so stiff and I get the achy burning feeling in legs like growing pains.

When will it end...

Xx.  

• Posted

I have aching legs, hips, and feet. Mostly at night they hurt and I can't seem to get them to not need to move. It's like im still wanting to walk but im tired. I wake up in the morning stiff and don't want to move. I thought I was the only one that walked like a penguin in the morning.
    • Posted

Morning Brenda, yes thats exactly how it is, and the penguin walk with it too! improves adventually but not completly gone, i find after laying down for a few hrs the getting up and then getting back into bed again, the laying position it really hurts then, like a throbbing aching burning feeling from my knees up to my hips, i wish i could go through the night without going to the loo to spare myselfe this.
  • Posted

Hi susan

Yep. I get what I'd call restless legs:  moving them all the time, especially in bed.  Know that I'm getting really tired and have to lay down when my legs start playing up!

Uh Ho......my dear ol' mum (RIP sweetie x) had a total of 3 hip replacements (I would make a joke about Rolf Harris' Jake the Peg, but he's a bit of a taboo these days!!).  She also had TB in her spine and elbow twice in her life. She had me and one sister after her spine op, so wonder if me and that sister have inherited any of her bone issues as our other sisters/brother don't seem to have the aches and pains we both have.  Watch this space......!!

have you tried laying down with a thin pillow supporting the small of your back?  When I had backache a few years ago, this worked for me.  Alternatively, put it underneath your knees/between your knees if lying on your side.  Worth a try

• Posted

Hi Shaznay, i was actually talking to my mum about half hr. ago and she suggested the same thing with the  pillow between my knees, she said it prevents the pull on the hips, ill try this tonight i think. Would help if hubby came to bed as he wakes me up when he comes in later frown
    • Posted

Hiya susan, give it a go, you might find it of benefit.  Glad to say that my hips and back aches have subsided. Only to make way for really, really aching shoulders and elbows.  Have to say that I'm really not great with meds - generally put up with things till I can't stand it any more before I take a tablet.  Last night was one of those times, as I was on the verge of getting up to take 2 Ibuprofen. 

have a good sleep then!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.