Aching stomach, heartburn, change in stools, headaches and generally down!!! Help!!!!

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi,

I wonder if anyone could help me. For years now I have had bad heartburn and was finally tested for H pylori which was positive, I had eradication treatment. Then after around 6 months heartburn started again and got worse and worse, was put back onto Omeprazole. I was sent for an endoscopy and this showed I had some erosions/gastritis. Again my omeprazole was increased. This was two years ago, since then I have got worse and worse, I now have bouts of duodentitis and stomach aches are awful. I have stomach aches all the time it feels like I have been winded or have someone punching me in the stomach, I often have bad loose stools or cant go. I am back and forward to the doctors constantly. I am now on 600mg of Zantac and Mebeverine as the doctors wants to try different things. I have recently had stool tests which came back normal and have another H pylori test to submit in the next few weeks. My headaches are everyday which the doctor has put down to stress!!!!

I am at my wit's end. I feel like the doctor thinks I am nuts and my family and friends are sick of hearing it. I just want answers as I know there is something not right. Has anyone else ever had anything like this???

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Oh dear replied but it has dissapeared must have pressed wrong key.
  • Posted

Hi Fedup, Not really same as yours as no headache or reflux. For months no advise just told it would go as quickly as it came. Begged chemist for advice as in bad way. Stomache painful and sore, walking up and down lounge day and night feeling awful. Failed colonoscopy. Had peppermint capsule also mebeverine no help even water caused symptoms at times. Eventually after being advised little tablets to help (expect antidepressants) I refused. Requested rabeprazole (like omprezole) been on it for 2mths years ago. This was a better help but not enough. Diagnosed coeliac 7yrs ago. Coeliac uk suggested lactose free, Gastro dr not agreed. Had a go and this eventually settled all down. No one understood as nothing showed up and no real reason as to problem. So could be nerves, anxiety you name it, IBS its a guessing game. All hard to deal with as nothing to show others. Just thankful all settled for now. Its a tryout situation. The pains were awful yet bowel motions ok. Hard for drs and same for patients. Eat home cooked plain foods mainly..but did when it started. Your condition is lots worse to put up with so lets hope other advise will come along. I am mainly on own so didnt effect others which in a way was great as could cover up condition. Terrible when no solution at time.Wish for better help for you soon.
  • Posted

Hi both

you need to regulate your ph balance in your gut, it takes time but go and get a low dose acidophilus bacteria capsules, then go on to the high dose.

Talk to some one at your nearest health store or go to Holland and Barrets.

Give up gluten and wheat!

Try these I don;t know of any thing more than this, so I hope this helps.

• Posted

Thanks Osborne I know exactly how you feel pacing the floor with pains!!!! Its absolutely awful. As you say what's upsetting me is not knowing an answer but knowing there is something wrong. The Omeprazole did help for so long then it did nothing. Home cooked it is, willing to try anything!!!!

Designergirl do you know of any good cook books or books for beginners when cutting out gluten and wheat?

Thank you for taking the time to help guys!

• Posted

Hi Fedup

I never buy books now I get it all online.

you can just google or bing Gluten free recipes!

Good luck!

Emis Moderator comment: I removed the link as when I followed it a "dodgy" pop up appeared although the link looked ok. The link was to gluten free recipes at BBC Good Food if users want to Google it.

• Posted

Hi Fedup1234,

I realise this is an old thread but I have identical symptoms to those you describe but hope you have since found some relief.

I also had H.Pylori however my problems started with sudden daily headaches and upper stomach pain. The doc diagnosed the H.Pylori which was eradicated like you however the stomach pain and headaches remained. Mild gastritis and tiny pinhole lesions found also , straight onto omaprozole but made little difference. Unfortunately I have no answers either and 4 years down the line. I have had many tests and nothing else was found and was told I just had to live with the pain as there was nothing they could do. The headaches and stomach pain are up and down in intensity but never leave but lots of water and smaller bland meals help sometimes.

Please let me know if you have made any progress.

All the best!

• Posted

Hi Michael,

I am sorry to hear you are in the boat.Sadly i am no further forward, I have been tested for gluten intolerance that was fine, I have tried a better fresh fruit and veg diet that made me worse. I just cant get any answers what so ever. Do you feel tired also? I am just completely drained all the time. I do have good days and in fact sometiem I can go a week without anything but it always comes back!!

• Posted

Hello fedup, I noticed you had pains under your rib cage due to h pylori! I would like to know how you're getting on ?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.