Achy bone a symptom of hiv?

Posted , 6 users are following.

im 30 years old, been having achy bone (a month) a week after a sexual encounter.

i have many other weird symptoms but achy bone is the most lasting ones. it started off with bone feeling achy throughout my body. the kind of body ache you get before a fever hits but i never had fever. it comes and goes. its mild generally but its uncomfortable. sometimes i feel it on my legs, sometimes the arms, sometimes the entire body. when i google, it says cancer or infection. could somebody please shed some light? i still suspect that its hiv even though i tested negative at 35 days because 35 days isnt really conclusive and all these symptoms just makes no sense and there really arent many other causes of achy bones. i wish there are.

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

I don't know what your other weird symptoms are, but Lyme Disease can cause sudden aches and pains in your bones and joints. It also comes with a lot of odd symptoms.

Keep in mind that correlation does not equal causation.

• Posted

my other weird symptoms are numbness on the arms and armpit, diarrhea, hot flushes, rashes, shortness of breath.

ive read it somewhere about lyme disease too. i will get that checked soon.

• Posted

Make sure you go to a doctor that understands Lyme disease. They should test your blood and stool.

Then they should ask you a bunch of questions to find out if you do things that might put you in contact with something that could give you Lyme Disease.

It's not only deer ticks.

• Posted

but my rashes doesnt look like the classic bullseye rash tho. also apparently lyme's rashes doesnt itch. mine itched badly

• Posted

That's one of the problems with Lyme Disease. Not only do you not need to have a bullseye rash, you don't need to be bitten by a only a tick to get it. Those are outdated symptoms.

Any blood-born insect that just fed on something that had L.D., then bites you next, will transfer the disease onto you.

It doesn't need to be a deer tick that has been on you for 24 hours. Misquotes, black flies, regular ticks, etc., can pass it onto you.

There's over 100 bacteria in the U.S. that cause L.D., and it's spreading because of the warm winters.

• Posted

And, most doctors don't know how to test for it.

• Posted

ahh i was bitten by mosquitoes tho. i hope its lyme disease then. thank you for your input

• Posted

Go and test for EBV guys, I was certain I had HIV, got results today 10 weeks from exposure and 4th gen DUO HIV was negative and EBV IgM and IgG was positive, so told I have glandular fever. Good news is I can finally put HIV out of my mind and I finally have an answer for my symptoms, bad news is that these symptoms arent fun and arent going away anytime soon but at least I know what it is, and the symptoms are stupidly similar to HIV. So go and get tested for it ASAP guys! Stop diagnosing yourself with google and symptoms as thats what I did and I endured 2 months from hell. All along it was glandular fever. Hope everyone is well and god bless!!

• Posted

i wanted to test for ebv but my doc thinks im going nuts. still thinks that my bones aches are caused by anxiety. ive started taking anti depressant meds and strangely i think i felt less pain but still feels strange. like i still feel sick. just unwell.

what were your major symptoms?

• Posted

Happy for you John, I am having similar symptoms as you, i tested for Mononucleose and EBV they are all negative.

I just hope my symptoms are due to Anxiety as the last resort.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.