achy feet?

Posted , 11 users are following.

Just wondering if others have this problem??   I'm 48 but feel 70.  I don't understand why my feet hurt.  I'm not on my feet a lot and I try to buy good shoes with support so why are the bottoms of my feet hurting?   I guess I could try a foot doctor.  Could it be arthritis?  I take cod liver oil and gelatin which is supossed to help with joints.

1 like, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Kelly, I've had this problem for about a year. Mornings are worse as I hobble out of bed. I'm 53 and have been post-menopausal for a year and a half. I also take fish oil and also magnesium. I had a CRP test done which checks the inflammation in my body, and it was way under 1 which is good so I can't figure it out. I do believe it's hormonally related. I talked to a doctor whose expertise is menopause. She said that it's probably caused by the drop in estrogen. I'm not taking any estrogen, but I'm using natural progesterone cream to see if that might balance out the estrogen. I've talked to other women who started experiencing this also. It's definitely related to a hormonal imbalance.

• Posted

Hi Kelly, I never realised till after I'd been through the problem with my feet that it was due to menopause. No- one had ever suggested it, but after being sent to podiatrists and having special insoles made etc it went. Haven't got it at all now. That must have been early peri menopause. That was about 6/7 years ago, I'm still going through it ! I literally could hardly walk. I feel sad that I never knew what was causing it because it would have explained so much. Also had bad hip pain. Since going on HRT all the pains in fingers etc have vanished ! Good luck Kelly at least you've got us all to help you through x

• Posted

Thank you Deborah. My husband wanted me to see a podiatrist, and I told him that I knew it was my hormones. I never did see anyone. My regular doctor is at a loss, but I know it's hormonal. I got it at the tail end of my perimenopause. I'm now post menopausal and still dealing with it. My husband asks me what it feels like, and I told him it feels like my feet are bruised on the bottom, like someone used a hammer on them the night before. sad

• Posted

Yes, that's what it feels like!!!   And I also thought it was due to my hardwood floors!!  But others have the same thing so it must be the hormones..  I take many supplements and rotate the shoes I have and rub my feet often..  Guess that's all I can do.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.