Achy limbs

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi

I am a 50 year old woman not sure if I am starting menopause but my limbs especially my hands and arms feel so tired. I wouldn't really describe it as a weakness just tired and achy when doing anything physical. For example lifting shelves at work, I sometimes have to stop for a rest because they ache so much. And also I can't write for long periods as my hands ache so much. Anyone else have this trouble?? I have health anxiety and I worry about my health constantly x

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Lisa i can relate to this ,sometimes i find it hard carrying my shopping bags . Its my shoulders and arms that ache, sometimes it puts my health anxiety in to over drive. im in peri and its awful .... but we must keep going

• Posted

Yes... I'm sure I have arthritis too but just do want you can. When I do alot of driving-- I do notice my hands are more achy---prehaps I hold on the wheel too tight. Or if I text alot I notice the same thing with my hands.I take magnesium at night and take a water fitness class that I think helps. You could try soaking in the tub with epson salt too.

• Posted

Thankyou for the replies ladies I appreciate it xx

• Posted

I have this also and have had it for a few years. It comes and goes and when i work out I am beyond achy. Then it goes away, but when I have it I am so achy and feel like I am very old!! I have tried taking different supplements and it has not helped. I figure it's our bodies balancing something with our hormones? It sure is painful at times though. Hope this helps you not feel so alone!!

• Posted

I have had this since I started menopause and they say I have osteoarthritis. I have pain in my knee top of my arm where the shoulder joint is and also my wrists. It is so painful.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.