Achy neck / weird woolly-dizzy head/ mild headaches / blurry eyes / pins and needles

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi all, since Dec 2017 I have been having almost daily (although it comes and goes each day, never all day) an Achy neck / weird woolly-dizzy head feeling that lasts seconds / drowsy at times / mild headaches / pain back of head / blurry eyes at times / pins and needles in back of both hands and forearms. Also seems at times that griping things like screw tops or cuff links / shirt cuff buttons get a bit more fiddly etc. Back ache is also another symptom that comes and goes and at times my legs feel heavy. It sometimes feels like "wet cement" sloshing around in my head for a second or 2....all very odd and specific but equally hard to explain and put into words with not consistency.

Checks / tests so far include:

- I have had a neck x-ray (showed age related arthritis only)

- blood test (lack of Vitamin D only) 

- full MRI spine scan (few niggle things with very slight bulging of a neck disc but nothing    serious)

- had 10 acupuncture / physio sessions 

- had 4 separate physio sessions 

- had 6 chiropractic sessions

- seen GP about 5 times (blood pressure seems okay)

- numerous sports massages

- about to start with an Osteopath (last option left !!)

despite above its still here, as say since Dec 2017 (although randomly completely stopped for 10 days recently but back all again).   

I'm at a lost and its interfering with the quality of my life. My family seem to think its stress / anxiety related which i do suffer from but i truly believe its not, (even the docs seem to be at a loss now).

I'm a fit healthy 43 year old male -  I don't drink / smoke and I'm not overweight etc, any sensible help would be greatly appreciated - many thanks. 

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

In the same boat for 8 yrs. I think it's my neck. I have heard of people who still have their wisdom teeth and once they are removed it fixed their issue. I still have 3 of mine but chicken to have them removed. Just thought I would throw it out there.

• Posted

Thank you, so im not alone ! - just weird how so many symptoms yet nothing can be found.... im bad for googling self diagnosis ! so at one point was thinking could be MS but docs "think" its not...think all my wisdom teeth out now though....8 years gee that's a long time with this  .....

• Posted

Your not alone, there are tons of us with the same issue. If you go to facebook and search vestibular disorders and neck pain you will find tons of us. Nobody seems to have an answer. Just don't let it freak you out. That will make it worse. Try to ignore it and just go on with your life. I know it's hard, it's been 8 yrs for me.

• Posted

I',m in the same boat, dont know whats going on and ive had every test under the sun.. still waiting to see a neurologist though and have a dentist appointment to see if its TMJ related as i grind my teeth.. i also have bad anxiety and doctors keep telling me its that but even though some days i dont feel anxious its still there, maybe its just lingering because im so anxious about it all.. let me know how you go im curious to see if anyone gets an answer

• Posted

thanks reply, yes part of me thinks its anxiety with me and when you read the symptoms of anxiety then most my symptoms are covered. Im the same though - right now i feel happy and relaxed (ish) but have real bad dizzy head and neck ache right now too etc, but i think that's because im still (sub consciously) thinking about my issue and so the process continues and im re enforcing it. its very scary as there are some many different issues, right now for example im typing this with blurry vision. docs almost given up so i think they just feel he been here so many times its anxiety he needs to work on that.... 

• Posted

Vitamin d deficiency can cause all these symptoms and you said yours was low, do you know what your level was and are you being treated for it? Vit d deficiency can also cause anxiety 
    • Posted

Thanks reply - I’m not sure of the levels my Vit D was, was just given Vit D supplements from docs and when they ran out just got the equivalent from my local health food shop. That’s the thing - all the visits to my doc with my symptoms and they never said could be due lack Vit D causing my probs - so interesting to read your suggestion - thanks 
  • Posted

Make sure they are D3 and not D2. Your body will process D3 much better.
  • Posted

Hey haven’t commented on this post yet but Im getting nearly every symptom your getting I have a heavy head sometimes the headaches are unbearable I feel dizzy all the time said I’m going to fall over,my neck is always sore at the back of my head. I get really bad stomach cramps 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.