Acid feeling and "missed" heart beats

Posted , 4 users are following.

Does anybody suffer from what i describe as random attacks of feeling really full and like acid is coming up in the throat with a strange gurgling sensation, also feels like a tight chest. This can cause like a sinking feeling or missed beat but im not sure if it is my heart. I can go a couple of months with no issue then out of the blue fast heart rate and a nervous heavy stomach feeling. Also a change in bowel movements as in an upset stomach. Ive had numerous heart tests all fine and my diet stays consistent

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Pthat sounds like reflux..gerd.wouldnt be your heart its your sigestive system and makes the chest area tight or uncomfortable. The belly is right there and the esophagus runs from the belly to the mouth so can feel like your heart, but it isnt your heart. Learn about it so it doesnt scare you. See you doctor this is beyine common these days or a gastroenterologist
    • Posted

I get like a sinking feeling though, it almost feels like my heart is jumping around for a few seconds and makes my heart really fast is this possible?
    • Posted

Gerd hurts sometimes. Its acid shooting all over in there and it radiates so it feel like yiur chest. And then you get scred nit understanding its nit your heart and then anxiety sets in and your heart goes a bit faster. But your heart is all good. You need to control the reflus ask your doctor about this. If you eat heavy meals stop. Small little meals every few hours and no raw veggies or milk, fried up stuff or junk food, spicy food all that has to stoo until it corrects itself. Clean small meals.ask yiu dr.about reflux ir gerd
    • Posted

Sorry my typos are horrendous
  • Posted

I had those exact same feelings for about 2 weeks. Got all the heart tests done and it came back normal. My doctor told me its most likely digestive, probably acid reflux.
  • Posted

Hi Rachel,

These are like symptoms I've been having for the last several months. In my case though the tight chest and missed beats were daily, sometimes even constant for hours at a time. Finally I have a diagnosis which I will tell you about.

In addition I sometimes--usually at night--have spells of shortness of breath. Does the tightness in your chest give you that sensation?

Several years before getting the above-described symptoms I had been diagnosed with acid reflux disease (GERD). I was given omeprazole, a "protein pump inhibitor", to be taken daily. It helped.

Then along came these new symptoms. They proved to be a sort of complication of acid reflux disease called hiatal hernia syndrome. There is another closely related syndrome but I forget the name.

To make a long story short, the problem is *not* with your heart, lungs or chest but rather with a bad case of acid reflux whose source is your stomach. Unless you have a very clever GP I suggest you see a gastroenterologist. My GP missed the diagnosis of my syndrome.

BTW there is a wealth of natural and alternative treatments for acid reflux and its complications. But do see a gastroenterologist first.

Hope this helps!

Best,

haclil

• Posted

Do i have to visit the gp to be referred for this? I have an appointment today so i will ask, thanks for the advice is there any food red flags or foods that are good for controlling this? Ive literally never had it before in my whole life hit 28 and have had lots of problems.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.