Acid flux!!!!

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi, after some advice please. Doctor has said I have acid flux... yet I can't seem to find anyone with the same symptoms as me.... I have the usual bad taste in mouth and feeling of mucas as back of throat. A pain that comes and goes in my stomach absolutely no appetite at all and feeling sick. But I also have a constant cough and back ache, it's been been going on for over a week now! Please can anyone confirm same type of symptoms as I'm really beginning to panic . Thank you smile x

1 like, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi, yes it sounds like acid reflux, I've had it about 15 years and have all the same symptoms and more x

• Posted

Hi goblet, I have asked my dr tjis question and she says no. But sometimes I feel as thou I could full the middle of my stomach out it's that bad and feel uncomfortable x

• Posted

It ps a pain in the a... which, seemingly we have to live with. 😿

• Posted

It sure is a pain. The weight I have lost with it is unbelievable and I'm only small anyway so you can tell. I eat small portions now and cut out chocolate, crisps bisciuts, well basically all the crap lol x

• Posted

Hi, I have suffered the same thing for many years. I take Esomeprazole and Ranitadine every day which has helped with the acid but I still get the mucus in the back of my nose and threat with occasional pain in the throat also. I clear my  throat a lot which makes it sore. I can't eat anything which is even slightly spicy.  This is a very unpleasant thing to deal with. I also have Multiple Sclarosis and I wonder sometimes if it's Neurological.

i suggest you keep going to the doctor and make sure you get all the relevant tests done. Best of luck.

• Posted

Try nasal rinsing with saline solution. U can buy it in Boots. Its called NeilMed.

Its dramatically reduced my post nasal drip each morning on waking up and mucus.

Do it each evening to start with and in time u may be able to reduce to a few tines or even less a week. Goid luck.

• Posted

Thanks Karen, I have a nasal rinsing bottle which you can use with this solution .  X
    • Posted

Sorry, KATERINA not Karen.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.