Acid Indigestion and Sensitive Stomach since childhood

Posted , 6 users are following.

I have suffered from heartburn and indigestion since childhood.  At night, I am frequently awakened by relflux and belching. Will belch in the morning, but not necessarily experience heartburn.  When there is "heartburn" it is confined to the top of my stomach, just under the breastbone.

I use antacids, but have recently switched to over the counter PPIs.  I don't take them on a regular basis, as I am worried about long term usage side effects. 

Have lived with this conditio all my life, so wondering if I am just unlucky, and what exactly these symptoms are?

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Sounds like same thing I've gone through since childhood in my teenage years was told I had a nervous stomach. Bananas chocolate certain things to do it to me as well for the past 8 months I have had a slight pressure in my stomach area had all the CTS and blood work but yes I do have the long term side effects of using GPS and possibly not up taking certain nutrients like iron b12 and folate so I'm battling that now trying to figure it out myself I think I'm going to get a food allergy test done. Funny thing is I can get away with milk chocolate every once in awhile just not too much it's the dark chocolate there really gets me as well as white breads in too much starch or sugar
  • Posted

Have endoscopy to check for hiatal hernia . If you have reflux, avoid all the reflux foods.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.