Acid problems??

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have posted in the general Abdominal Issues forum the start to my saga.. but figured I would ask a few questions here as my GI believes I have acid problems:

1. Does anybody have diarrhea along with their acid reflux?
  2. Is anyone only nauseous in the morning and it gets better throughout the day?
  3. Does anybody have lower right quadrant discomfort/burning?

Have an endoscopy on Monday to hopefully get some answers.

Thanks in advance.

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

sounds like your gallbladder is acting up

• Posted

they havent ruled out bile reflux tho.. have an endoscopy tomorrow

• Posted

Same here my gallbladder is gone too. Then I had a hital hernia caused the same symptoms as you. If you ever decide to have reflux surgery please do your research. I had the nissen fundoplication for hital hernia and it ruined my life. I had to takedown completely and got an esophageal valvuloplasty doctor Farid Gharagozloo in Florida

• Posted

hi there...yes to question 1.

I'm more nauseous in the morning but it comes and goes some days. I have burning in my upper stomach, not necessarily on either side but I do get lower rib pain on my right side. Good luck with the endoscopy,I had one in July.

• Posted

that sounds so weird to me that acid reflux can cause diarrhea but the whole system is connected, right??

• Posted

yes. I think I have IBS which causes diarrhea . I also have constipation. It's lovely, isn't it. Hope you're feeling better. I'm dealing with bad nausea today.

• Posted

The answer to all these is YES. These are typical reflux/acid presentations but endoscopy should confirm along with other tests.

Try and observe the usual rules like sleeping inclined with the head of the bed raised by several inches, eat smaller meals, avoid fatty meals, allow 3 hours after the last meal before sleeping. As for nausea, take a bit of ginger with your meals. it helped me.

Best of luck.

• Posted

none of the typical nighhtime solutions have helped unfortunately.. gi put me on pepcid at night and that helped last night.. started taking a probiotic this morning as well in hopes to offset some of this.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.