Acid Reflux :(

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello all, i have had acid reflux for a few year's now so its nothing new to me, however the last few weeks ive had it every day all day, from the moment i wake up and go to bed, its making me so misrable

i suffer massivly from anxiety and it makes me panic and paranoid foe which i take 40mg of cetalopram for 

I do now have a strong caough although i do have a little one, no lump feeling in my throat nor does it hurt to swollow but im burping all the time even from the second i wake up and my thraot in my neck feels horse

Am i panicking for no reason at all or should i get it checked out in ER ? 

Thanks all 

1 like, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

I must add i have been eating a hell of allot of fast food as i have been traverling with work i know its no excuse but id rather be honest 
  • Posted

Ok Logan.. I've had it same for years but I take nexium everyday. It keeps the acid at bay.i really suggest you change your diet big time.read up on the best foods to eat and those to avoid...fast food is the worst.its hard but can be done.. You will see the effects after a few days.it will lessen some of the symptoms and then help with the anxiety attacks too.see how it goes and then make your own decisions on your next move... Your not alone with all this.

• Posted

Thanks stevie I'm.so paranoid I keep thinking cancer of the esophagus and freaking out my nerves are in peices

• Posted

That's the problem with any illness. Thinking the worst can bring on other symptoms.keep going d you will learn to manage it... I still think the same sometimes. I feel like it's heart attack or cancer or something but I also have learned to say to myself that isn't the case...I didn't realise there were so many symptoms involved tho.

• Posted

But how do you know it sn't to say that to yourself I'm such a paranoid person it's ruined my life honestly I wish I could be stronger like you but tbh speaking to you has calmed me down a little I don't have symptoms like some of you with your pain on swolling or lumps so it's keeping me sane atm going to get nexium from boots in a second

• Posted

It's been going on for about three years...two years I went on a running machine at the hospital to check for any issues with my ticker...they said there was no probs but I kept having horrible chest pains.. I had a chest X-ray too and they didn't see any probs. Reading the forums and getting insight into other people's problems assured me even more that it as related to this acid reflux problem..get some nexium. Change your diet too.it will help a lot.also try keep busy and don't sit around alone thinking of the worst.kalms can help with the anxiety too.they tend to work after taking them for a few days but at end of day it's a mental thing.read forums on stress and anxiety and send me message anytime you want...... 

• Posted

Hi Logan

How are u feeling today just came across ur post and yes it's extremely frightening it's because the symptoms vary and are so strong that we all wonder if it's really reflux at all

I have awful throat feelings at moment with Pain which feels like it's in my glands and sore throat on and off and passed few days a lot of nausea also have jaw and ear pain with lump feeling in my throat

Waiting for results of neck Mir and feeling very scared in case it's bad news

I had severe pain out between my shoulder blades for ten weeks every day and then it just vanished four weeks ago and he neck and gland pain seem to take over

I hope u feel better today and maybe some day we will get back to normal

All my symptoms started last April

Best of luck

Kate

• Posted

hi logan sad to hear about your symptoms,i have also a buprs problem from since 6 years..but now mostly from 3 and half year i have severe anxiety problem and before i feel that my heart escape a beat which give me super tension-----2 times i rush to the hospital i was thinking i have heart attach at that time i am 26 years old---doctors laugh at me that i am damn crazy----i do checkup from more then 20 doctors but all of them will say i pshcyo-----i have echo,7+ecgs,3 ulrtasounds,lot of blood tests,stool tests,chest x ray,recently have done endoscopy which will be normal------still i am burping and problem of indigestion and upset stomach-----stress will make it to much worse before i think may be i have stomach or esophgaus cancer i feel pain in my chest i think its esophagus but since from when i hve an endscopy like 3 weeks ago i feel fine even i burp i don,t mind it because my mind is clear now all of my thinking will go to stomach and feel pain now thats why i am thinking to do colonscopy----i use lansoprazole for 2 and half months my burps will stop for a wwhile or i burp but not to much then when i stop its starts again and now recently i am taking nexium 20 mg every day but every weeks 3 dys i burps and some time i feel my breath stops an then suddenly every thing go back normal-----i feel scary even i am travelling in a car if i have burps then i feel to much sscary that any time i have heart attack------don,t know what to do with next saturday i am plaining to go to another doctor for colonscopy bcoz of upset stomach after that if suppse its clear i will talk to the doctor about Linx or nissen surgery for that acid reflux bcoz no thing works for me i am tired to be very honest 
  • Posted

Thank you both for your insight and your stories it helps so much to feel less alone I can't let this stop my life any more I need to sort myself out I honestly appreciate you taking your time to talk to me and console ima get some nexium and get back on my anxiety meds

Thanks

Logan

• Posted

thats great logan stress will make it more worse i know its not easy but we cn,t do any thing dude----its really painful experiance when you see some one they are laughing and enjoying the life and you think that your the only one who has the problem------that will make me to much sad and some time before when my anxiety will to much i cry in the night time because every time i feel i am dieing when i sleep in night time i was really very sure that this is the last day------now my anxiety is much less the before but not totaly sum time give me a shock of 220 volt----------but on the way to find out whats the problem endoscopy is clear now to ways to colonscopy----let see what it shows if nothing then next step will be surgery may b of acid reflux-------dude i can,t live like that it give me trouble make my life worse specially hen travelling in plane ooshh God i feel so scared and for a while think my breath stop then less then a minutes burps starts and i feel to bad----------------Logan better to do check up from a doctor don,t take nexium or any other tablets by your own--i know there will b no problem but try to go to Gp doc which will give u better advise then any of us----------
    • Posted

I'll be seeing the gp on Monday and go from there thank you smile

• Posted

Have you ever had an endoscope? I would see a gastro doc.

I take lexapro 10mg for my anxiety. It works very well for me. Reflux makes anxiety worse.

Recently went to hormone doc and i am estrogen dominant. This is cause of anxiety. Im taking BHrT now and natural thyroid med. Energy levels are much improved and i feel more positive. Still early days but im hoping its gonna cure my reflux. Hormones control digestion too. Otherwise i think i have SIBO which is my next investigation. The search goes on.

You just hve to try and find cause of why that LES muscle is not working properly.

Good luck hun

Dom

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.