acid reflux

Posted , 4 users are following.

ok, so quick question -is there ANYONE that has had a good experience with prilosec - changing my diet several times and my hhernia still has not improved my symtpoms -I can "deal" with the pain but would like some relief or should I stay away from the dreaded PPI

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Dane,

I took prisolec for several months. There was some relief but then I was so constipated. I am off them now and living through the process of getting my healthy gut back. Good days and days I see being better.

If one has to take a ppi, then so be it.

It's your choice for sure.

Make sure you are not withholding gas or eating a lot of gas producing foods.

Monitor you BM too.

I believe part of the motion of acid coming, or the stomach, up is that the regular process of things going down has been blocked.

If you are over weigh and have a large abdominal area, work on it

• Posted

Dane521,

As crazy as it may sound, because of what I just went through with my mom. With Acid reflux I would insist on a upper GI done.  Just to rule out any form of cancer as with my mom that was the first sign. Second was when the food felt like it was getting stuck between her neck and lungs. I tired Prilosec but caused my arms nd legs to ache. I myself use Nexium which also heals the stomach. Great now its over the counter no more having to have the doctor order it for me, so that's a good thing.  Good Luck...........

• Posted

I take it that you are in America if you can buy Nexium OTC. It is still a prescription only medicine in the UK.

As 20 mg Nexium costs £18.50 for 28 tablets  I now never get Nexium as doctors now prescribe the generic version esomeprazole as it only costs £3.40    

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.