Acid reflux

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi am new to this. I was told  I have a burnt voice box. From acid reflux by my ent, Whitchurch was feb 14"" I am still not right, I don't have the taste of acid in my mouth but get a terrible sore chest on the right side wen eating. They gave me asid tablets but there not worked, do you get a sore throat on one side from it, 

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I also have sore throat on the right side and burning chest on right side, and like you medication does not work and I have been diagnose as LPR REFLUX by ent. I think the reason why acid tablets don't fully work is because we not only refluxing  acid but other digestive enzymes, bile,pepsin.  Have you tried gaviscon advance.
    • Posted

Hi Feb, yeah tried gaviscon, does not work the only time am ok is wen I am lying down other than that I feel like crap all the time
    • Posted

The reason your  voice box is burnt is because the reflux of digestive enzymes (acid, bile, pepsin is passing your upper sphincter . Its a  mechanical dysfunction of the upper esophageal sphincter.  Have you tried changing your diet.  Not eating three hours before bed, low fat food , no fizzy drinks,tea,spicy and citrus. I try to control my symptoms with diet which is hard but has to be done. Before i go to bed I always have gaviscon advance tablets.

I,ve been seen by ENT and had camera down my throat and I have had gastroscopy to have a test for h. pylori which I am awaiting results.

Have you had gastroscopy? If not that might be next step.

• Posted

Hi, no I have not had that, I have had an MRI and a biram swallow, if spelt right, just waiting on the results, the changed my diet Whitchurch was hard to witch I still feel the same,
  • Posted

I suggest you go to Just Passing Through a facebook page that will give you some background on this. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.