Acid Reflux

Posted , 6 users are following.

Does anyone  else suffer with Acid Reflux. I just about got over the flu and my throat is now crackling i dont smoke or drink gave that up some years back  but when i have a good cough it goes. then comes back am not out of breath, dont know as this to do with the Acid Reflux like to know does anyone  gets this crackling sound in the throat.

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I'm not sure what you mean by crackling. I had a flu like illness for over two weeks and once the phlemg type cough cleared up I had a very dry cough that I eventually realised was being caused by acid reflux.  The PPI I take usually controls  my acid reflux. My GP explained the mechanics of coughing and how it causes acid to come up and he suggested to take an extra PPI for a few days.
  • Posted

Crackling after flu makes me think you still have a cough from your bout of flu that has possibly gone bad on you and turned into a chest infection. I would get doc to listen to your lungs and take it from there.
    • Posted

Thanks Dyezee am of to the doctors to see whats happening,wink
    • Posted

After initial flu symptoms the doctor gave me an antibiotic for the chest infection. This week he has given me Carbocisteine a Mucolytic to loosen  the phlegm and make it less sticky so that it can be brought up.
  • Posted

I have been getting this for a couple of months at night in bed my throat makes a crackling sound when i breath. Like you if i cough or sit up it goes. I have acid reflux symptoms too and take pantoprazole.
  • Posted

Yes I do but I have Silent Reflux. Also have hoarseness, coughing/clearing the throat, sore throat some days, difficulty singing others.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.