Acid reflux

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have suffered from this for years so bad sometimes I get pain in my teeth and jaw been put on ranitadine and omprasole for 2 months although I am better I'm still having problems swallowing was at doctor today and he has recommended I have an endoscopy so worried it might be the C word 😟

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

hi i had a lot of the same issues. do you have a slightly coated or bured tongue or a lump feeling in your throat? its common with reflux
    • Posted

Are you stil feeling the lump in your throat?
    • Posted

i had it for a very long time, what has helped actually is avamys - a corticosteroid nasal spray. it helps with any inflammation in the mucas lining - which im told can happen with reflux.  Been on that for a few weeks and its almost gone now id say
    • Posted

Thanks for your info i i will read about it since this feeling wont go away at any time and im also always nauseous i dont know why
  • Posted

Hi Stephen

I (and many others on this site) have also had the Endoscopy and it does show if you have any damage due to reflux etc but I wouldn't worry about the 'C ' word as from what I have read this is very rare. At least when you get the results you will feel better for knowing.

• Posted

Hi Ive been taking omperzole for 1 months and a week and im already feeling better, though theres a feeling of something stuck in throat and im nauseous all the time. I also have a hiatal hernia( resulted from a barium swallow test since i was afraid to do the endoscopy).

My doctor told me ill keep feeling it till all of the acid is healed.

• Posted

Your omeprazole will reduce the acid so any reflux is less dangerous. Your hiatus hernia makes reflux easier and if it travels full column can breach the upper oesophageal sphincter which is controlled by the cricopharyngeus. This muscle can tighten or spasm in attempting to prevent reflux causing the lump in the throat feeling which is globus.
    • Posted

Sorry. That was supposed to have been a reply for Shawnee.
    • Posted

Wish it were possible to deit or delete posts. Sorry, I'm making a mess of getting the right sposts in the right places.
  • Posted

Yes I have pain on the right side of my jaw the side that my throat is irritated on , I know I have tmj so idk if they are both connected . Now I have an ear infection on that side. I can't imagine going through this for years you must be so fed up, I know I am after half a year with these problems , they need to do more research on this because they just send you to doctor to doctor, I hope everything is okay with your endoscopy.
    • Posted

I guess you sleep on your right. If you can manage to sleep on your left side (and raise the bed head by 6 to 8 inches), nocturnal reflux is reduced.

(The accompanying graphics are from an advert of a device to help patients sleep in the best position.)

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.