acid reflux

Posted , 4 users are following.

i have a really sore throat right now cant sleep with the pain I also have mouth ulcers bad breath and roof of mouth pain is this common,have took gaviscon and doubled up on ppi;s but really fed up with the pain.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

That's so upsetting Michelle. As it happens I had an acid mishap near teatime, so it's been a poor evening for me, but not as bad as what you are feeling. So sorry. I wish there was a quick solution. How do you think the mouth ulcers occurred?
    • Posted

thank you sorry for your acid mishap, i think the ulcers appear because of the acid when I sleep
    • Posted

Hi Michelle, the reason I asked is because some foods, especially those even with mild salt in, can make my tongue and mouth sore or, in the days when I used to eat some salty things, ulcers. Recently the same thing happened when I tried to have oatcakes in my diet. Just be on the look out for foods that do that to you.

And if you happen to sleep on your right side at night, give the left a try. There was a query the other day that you might have missed, and tests I read about found that the left side was better overall for lessening reflux while sleeping, though that is not to say it will work for everyone.

• Posted

Sorry to hear of your pain Michelle.  I also feel to the similar to you and am fed up with all this pain, discomfort, worry and fear.  I hope and pray that we both feel better soon. Love and hugs. X
    • Posted

thankyou and the same to you x just want to feel normal again and enjoy things don.t we x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.