Acid reflux

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi I'm on omeprazole 20mg & still suffering with nausea & acid reflux is there any thing else I can take over the counter for this 🙁

1 like, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

How long have you been on the omoprezole? It can take up to 4 weeks to get the full benefits. You may have to look at your triggers as well. I've been suffering with reflux for 11 years and I avoid big heavy meals, eating 5 or 6 smaller meals.

If all else fails try taking 20mg in the morning and 20mg on an empty stomach at night. If that doesn't work, try 40mg in the morning until things settle. Some people take ranitidine as well as omoprezole as well which blocks the production of acid, I sometimes take these before bed.

• Posted

Thank u for answering Iv been on omeprazole 3 wks & still have bloating & nausea might try taking 1 at night as well

• Posted

Also on 20mg omeprazole take in morning ,but some times get bad attick and take one when go to bed this seems to settle nausea
  • Posted

Hi there! I used to use gaviscon advance liquid to help when I had your problems - I remember someone saying it was the most chewable liquid known to man! Worked wonders for me. I had a fundoplication done 2 years ago - have not looked back since! You can buy this at a pharmacy over the counter. I really helped me in my bad bad days!
  • Posted

Hi.i have acid refliux about 4 years .i take 60 (twice daily) mg daily about 1 month but have acid reflux always.

40 mg at morning.20 mg evening.

• Posted

Have you been on a high dosage daily fo 4 years or just recently? I'm asking that because I'm interested in the side effects of this dosage if you happen to be on it for a long time...

• Posted

No.just recently.about 1 month.i decide decrease this
  • Posted

20mg ome should actually keep the acid relfux calm.  Make sure you take the meds exactyl 45 min before breakfast and don't eat anything late at night... If that doesn't help go to your GP dont medicate yourself as people are trying to suggest here...

• Posted

Hi, I take peptic liquid as well. I have also had to change my diet dramatically
  • Posted

I've been taking the same thing for 5 months, plus I've tried everything else. It keeps getting worse. Doesn't matter what I eat or when I eat. I'm going to suffer every night. I don't know what else to do.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.