Acid reflux

Posted , 6 users are following.

Have terrible a acid reflux, with horrendous burning in throat and esophagus, followed by fluid in lungs. Any advice to help after the throat burning??

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Antacids can help with burning in esophagus drink a lot of water also helps and for the throat cough drops can help heal faster and feel less burning. If it doesn't go away in a couple of days you should go see you doctor

• Posted

Are you on any acid reducers?  If not, then you should be.  Start out with an H2 blocker like Zantac before moving on to a PPI.

As for the burning throat, I know they say mint is bad for acid reflux, but I never seem to have any issues with it.  So any time I have that burning throat feeling, I pop in an ice breaker spearmint mint in my mouth.  It seems to soothe my throat.  The relief is short, but it's something.  Other than that, you could always try Gaviscon. I also heard chewing sugar free cinnamon gum helps. 

• Posted

1 word Gaviscon! That and be careful what you're drinking and eating!

• Posted

Try an antacid or milk if you are not intolerant to it.
  • Posted

You have heartburn, GERD, Oesophagitis symptoms. This is caused by overproducing stomach acid that is going upwards to your Esophagus and the GI Tract. The more oily food, fast food, baked goods, processed foods you eat, the more your condition will worsen. It usually graduates from acid reflux, burping, heartburn, GERD,....to Oesophagitis Stage (1 to 6) and then it gradually over a period of time leads to Oesophagal/Stomach cancer.

Permanent Solution:

Please use Aloe vera juice + Amla Juice (Indian Gooseberry) with water first thing in the morning. Regulate your diet and avoid Baked foods, processed foods, desserts, meat, beverages, sodas, alcohol, smoking for few days. Stay on strict veggie salad diet, fruit salad, watermelon, buttermilk. Eat at regular intervals. Drink lots of water daily. Practice deep breathing(Breath in till your lungs are full and then hold a second and then exhale - Do this for 2 mins).

Short Term Solution:

Use any OTC drugs like Nexium/Prilosec which usually have active ingredient omeprazole/lansoprazole/pantoprazole. These need to be taken 1 tablet in the morning before eating any food.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.