Acid Reflux

Posted , 4 users are following.

Does anyone else have a hard time taking a deep breath in when their acid reflux is acting up? Maybe that's just me. My acid reflux always makes my throat feel tight and irritated. I never feel it in my chest, it's always in my upper back and throat.

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi Dev

I too have this problem , it feels as though not enough air is being taken in and I also have the lump in throat feeling nearly all the time. I have been suffering with Acid Reflux/GERD for over 2 years now. Most of the time I cope OK but every now and then it gets the better of me and then Anxiety steps in which makes it worse.

All the best

Robin

• Posted

Thanks for your reply Robin! I know how it is when anxiety steps in. Anxiety is a terrible thing, definitely plays tricks on you and your body sad
  • Posted

Google vocal cord dysfunction, it's common with GERD/LPR.

Cutting out acidic foods like tomatoes, citrus fruits, garlic, chocolate might help too

• Posted

Thank you for your reply! I will look into the vocal cord dysfunction. I have tried cutting a lot of those foods from my diet and eating more healthier than I did. But I cannot lie, I am weak for chocolate and garlic-y foods and I've noticed those two are the most irritable foods for me sad

• Posted

Feels like my whole head is going bonkers anymore. Between deviated septum, eye aches, neck issues, tinnitis, periodontal, and acid reflux and glibus..Iv bout had it. And iv always been pretty healthy until just in the last few yrs. Iv never abused my body with alcohol or drugs..it's like jeesh, what is going on..

• Posted

Not 2 mention my head feels like alot of times like it's actually buzzing..Guess from tinnitis...ahhhhhh..wink

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.