Acid reflux

Posted , 5 users are following.

Suffering with this for three years. Main symptom is burning in mouth from acid burps.

Nothing seems to help. If i dont belch it is much easier. Been on Omeprazole for years.

Dr wants to try me on Metraclopramide. Do anybody else suffer with this awful symptom.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Paulette

suffering with Gerd a year now

suffer with acid burps in my mouth and tongue colour changes .

i am thinking of anti reflux surgery .

can i ask you if your tongue changed colour due to acid

• Posted

HI

When you have acid burps do you have a lot of burning in your mouth. I have tried all

the medication but nothing helps the burning

• Posted

The key to treating GERD is not what meds you take, but RADICALLY changing your diet.

What do you eat and drink in a typical day?

Do you take Gaviscon liquid nightly before bed? If not, then start.

• Posted

Hi Barney

did you come off ppis i am struggling

How much Gavison at night .

• Posted

I did come off the PPIs, but in my case I was on them for 3 years. First Nexium which failed me. Then I was put on Pariet, which is a PPI but works differently. It worked for me.

gaviscon liquid is recommended at 20 ml just before bed. That is one and a half tablespoons. Ideally DUAL ACTION Gaviscon. You can take the tablets if the liquid is unavailable.

• Posted

Hi. I had acid reflux for 5 years. Common treatment do not solve my problem. Ultimately, doctors tell me the root of your problem is nervous. I came to the psychiatrist and after treating different medications, I finally got treated with "Nortriptyline".

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.