Acid Reflux

Posted , 8 users are following.

Had Acid reflux for months now with a very sore throat anyone else? x

2 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Yeah I've had acid and heartburn for 6 years and I get a sore throat and chest had scope down three times had barium four times been told it's stress making me have this so now I'm taking meds for this have you had any tests done

• Posted

Hi

Yes ive had the camera down and all clear, i suffer from anxiety, im taking omoprazole but i dont feel its working x

• Posted

Are you on medication for anxiety if not I would ask your doctor for something because it could help

• Posted

I was on a Beta Blocker but i had a side affect to them as most tablets ive been offered since going through the menopause, had all bloods done all normal x

• Posted

Hi Sharon,do you know what your blood type is?

• Posted

Studies have been done linking digestive problems with blood type. For example A blood types have low acid and can not digest certain foods as well, it leads to poor immunity, and gerd like symptoms......O blood types have high acid and tend to develop more ulcers and other digestion disorders. Both problems can produce similar symptoms, so treating it properly is the only way you will fix the problem. Following the proper diet for my type has helped me tremendously.Peri menopause is not always the culprit, our gut plays a HUGE roll in our overall health.

• Posted

thats interesting. I am Type A, have hiatus hernia but my immunity is amazing well most of the time since going through this, it hasn't been as good. But my whole life I was hardly ever sick.

• Posted

That is good to hear. I too have A but my immune system has not been as strong. I tend to pick up colds and flus easy a couple years ago I got shingles. I do know some of that was all stress related. I notice for me now I am getting warts on my hands and I have had a planter wart for 15 years that will not go away no matter what I do. The dermatologist says immune system will fight it. I am hoping as I continue this diet everything else will continue to improve too.

• Posted

Ahh yes, I had shingles a few years back, lays dormant in your body and comes out when you are under stress. I have a great doctor who suggested cutting out sugars and bad carbs like white bread for a while and I did that along with using a magnesium oil spray to help with symptoms. I must say I lost 7 kilos when I did that and also destroyed at least one of my toe fungus (yes I know gross) ... with the spray. Might be worth getting some magnesium oil to spray on your warts? may help you fight them better too

• Posted

I have noticed in the last couple of weeks I get a lot of acid reflux, especially in the evenings and at night lying down. I have a hiatus hernia, but don't feel it is that this time around. Thinking it is either stress related or hormone related... Its horrible. I already get too many other symptoms

• Posted

If you have acid reflux in your throat (LPR), these are the things that will help, many of which they never tell you about (I have been dealing with this for over a year):

1. Take Gaviscon Advance from the UK (they sell it on Amazon). This is a totally different formulation from US or Canadian Gaviscon. I recommend the aniseed liquid. The other liquid available is peppermint which can aggravate reflux. The aniseed tasted horrendous to me the first time I tried it, but from the second time forward was fine and now I don't mind it at all, so give it a chance. It is thick and somtimes arrives in the mail congealed (you have to then put the bottle in hot water, as with congealed honey). It forms a physical barrier, rather than affecting the acid content of your stomach as antacids do. You take 2 teaspoons, then don't have anything to eat or drink, including water, because this will break the barrier, so very last thing before bed is best.
    2. Do not drink cold water ever. It really aggravates LPR. I drink only warm or room temperature water. After meals, drink some, but not too much, warm (not hot) water, then wait awhile before drinking more. Don't drink too much water with meals either.
    3. After meals, do not bend over at the waist (like to load the dishwasher-- get down on your knees or squat to do it, or wait till later).
    4. After meals, and possibly in general, don't sit on soft squishy furniture like a couch. I now drag my dining room chair over to watch TV. It really makes a big difference.
    5. If you feel your throat is burned, try to avoid acid in your diet for awhile. For me this means I make salads with just olive oil, no vinegar or citrus. I find fresh tomatoes are OK, but I avoid citrus fruits. You have to see what works for you.
    6. Eat smaller meals and eat SLOWLY. When I am going through a bad patch, I find a point comes in every decent sized meal when I burp. For me that is the signal I have to stop eating, or I will get reflux. When my reflux was really bad, because of this, I lost weight. I thought, oh, this must be how skinny people eat--they just stop earlier! You get used to it. I eat two breakfasts: oatmeal first and then some yogurt later. Or a light lunch and then a mid-afternoon snack.
    7. Sleep on a wedge. It's important to get your entire upper body, starting at your waist, on an incline.
    8. Don't exercise on a totally full OR EMPTY stomach. I used to walk briskly for 15 min. first thing in the morning before eating. It turned out this triggered my reflux.
    9. I'm off caffeine and for awhile was off alcohol. Now I can have a little wine and it's OK. Hope to get back to tea again one of these days, but I'm here to tell you life w/o caffeine IS possible! Taking a very short nap after lunch helps a lot (like 15 min.).

Please try these tips. I dealt with this for so long, and my experience is they really do work.

• Posted

I was always told sleep slightly upright, do not eat onions, tomatoes and acid foods like that, eg orange was my worst. Chocolate and coffee. Be careful with medications as well, avoid Mylanta ... the best one I have found is milk of magnesia its harmless

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.