acid reflux

Posted , 4 users are following.

does anyone experience dizziness and lump in throat with acid reflux please any comments would be helpful as i am suffering slightly thanks

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

It can feel like you have a lump in your throat possibly because of inflammation. I would recommend taking a multi vitamin and mineral tablet, particularly if you are taking a ppi because it can stop you absorbing vitamins. I was dizzy because I was vitamin D and vitamin b12 deficient. Vitamin deficiencies can upset your stomach as well. Try a low acid diet and keep hydrated by drinking water regularly.

• Posted

thank you for replying are you currently on medication for this as i have avoided going to doctors what is a mineral tablet please im going to go to doctors next week did you have really bad bloating as well im so new to this thanks jackie

• Posted

I do take regular ppis (esomeprazole) as I get gastritis and oesophagitis otherwise. If I miss a day sometimes I can feel the inflammation returning. I did get bad bloating and occasionally I do now, but if I do, I take alverine which treats IBS and it fixes it pretty quickly. Bloating can be down to gastritis which does need to be treated. It could be you need to get an endoscopy.

If you google A-Z multivitamin and mineral tablets you will see what I mean. They have everything you need in there and you pee out what you don't need! Before you take them, maybe ask to get your vitamin and mineral levels tested because if there is something you are deficient in there maybe an underlying cause which needs looking at, particularly if you are not taking ppis. Loads of people are vitamin D deficient, particularly in the winter months. But other deficiencies like iron or b12 could be down to something else.

• Posted

I do! It's driving me crazy. I also have fullness in my ears. I'm back on Nexium now, I felt like it didn't help the first time around, but I'm desperate. It affects my daily life.

• Posted

I have a lump in my throat pretty much all the time. Sometimes it hurts to swallow. I also have a scratchy, burning feeling in my throat sometimes. I feel dizzy pretty often and also have fullness in my ears. I get bloated pretty quickly if I eat the wrong food.

• Posted

yes, I have. It showed mild reflux.

• Posted

Have you tried a low acid diet, avoiding things like caffeine, sugar,alcohol, citrus fruits and juices, carbonated drinks and fatty foods? I take esomeprazole but if I eat or drink certain things I still get problems. I am taking 2 a day at the moment because my diet hasn't been ideal this last week.

• Posted

I have, but I can't seem to stick with it because it's so bland. I think I don't have a choice though because it's not worth having the discomfort for days afterward. Thanks for your reply.

• Posted

I know it is practically impossible to stick to if you enjoy food and drink, but I find some things worse than others, so if I am planning to have a few glasses of wine, I will try and avoid the other acidic foods altogether. I think if you are craving one of the things that upsets your stomach, just avoid all the rest! And you can take rennie or other over the counter medication for indigestion as well as nexium.

• Posted

thank you for your reply most helpful jackie

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.