acid reflux

Posted , 5 users are following.

good morning ive been suffering from acid reflux for a few weeks ive taken one capsule of mastic gum last night before bed and i have slept properly for the first time in two weeks woke this morning and symptoms feel a lot better im going to continue with this and see how i go i have another appointment at doctors on friday and i hope this may help someone thanks for letting me post on this very kind and informative group wishing all of you on here a nice day thanks jackie

1 like, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

I am looking for an alternative to my ppis, do you know if it has any side effects or interactions?

• Posted

i understand it may have an upset tummy at first but ive only taken one last night and one first thing this morning you can look it up on line. I have just had a bit of tummy ache but ive not had anything as bad as regards acid reflux i slept last night without having to get up in the middle of the night. I was also experiencing back pain but thats not happened either. Im just seeing how i get on. the instructions say to take 4 capsules before bed but i only took one last night and ive not experienced any burning or acid in my throat as bad it was before ill keep you informed. I hope this helps you as i was really suffering before taking this ill keep you posted good luck jackie

• Posted

Hi Manor,

is it possible to get it without a prescription, i too would love to try get off ppis

kate

• Posted

yes i got them from holland and barrett

• Posted

Thank you Manor, can I ask are you totally off ppi now, if so was there any rebound reflux

kate

• Posted

im not on ppi at all im trying to do this naturally without ppi as i have heard they are not good long term thanks for replying jackie

• Posted

how long were you on ppi, its amazing that you were able to just suddenly stop and change to mastic gum which I am going out to buy today, I'm on ppi over 4 years ,have had some good spells, but more bad than good, reflux has been eating for past few months even 9n the ppi, I'm very afraid of stopping suddenly as i believe the revenge reflux is horrrendus

• Posted

hello kate good luck did you have a bad back and severe bloating also hope you have a good result let me know what other symptoms you had had also thanks jackie

• Posted

Hi Manor,

yes I get very debilitating back pain, burning stomack and chest, broken sleep at night, sometimes I'm hoarse and find it hard to breath, often feel like there's a cement block sitting on my chest. how long have you been suffering, how long were you taking ppis?

• Posted

hi kate ive been suffering for about 6 weeks now i am due to go to doctors friday i am trying to treat this with mastic gum and gaviscon to avoid being on ppi's what is your acid reflux due to how long have you been suffering its awful it seems to affect you every day are you the same try the mastic gum it may help nice to speak to you good luck jackie

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.