Acid reflux

Edited , 3 users are following.

Hello everyone. This is my second post over here. I had been waiting for an endoscopy since October 2019. Today Finally I have had it. I have been told all is okay. Even though I am having food stuck in my thoat symptoms gas problem and burping I dont understand what am I supposed to do next. I am so thankful to God for making it all okay or having been told all looks healthy. I also pray to God for everyone here and all around the world to have good health and be health issues free. I have been told that they have taken biopsies from my stomach and esophagus to rule out allergy related esophagitis and they have said it could be spasms of the esophagus. I live in UK. Do I go back to my GP to get further tests while waiting for my biopsies to come back with results? Should I stop taking Gaviscon because there was no mention of Acid reflux. I have been advised to gradually try and go back to solid food which I have not eaten for five months now obviously avoiding dough breads, burgers and meats. Please can anyone advise. I would like to be able to eat normal but I cant yet even though I have been told there is no problems within my stomach or esophagus. Do I wait for biopsy results or are there any more test to assess the spasmic issues of esophagus.

0 likes, 3 replies

Report / Delete

3 Replies

• Posted

Do you know if you have a hernia? I had similar set of symptoms and had been told I had Gastritis and erosive duodenitis - but they coul not pinpoint the underlying cause.

it took 2 endoscopies and a colonoscopy before anyone thought to attribute my symptoms to the massive hiatus hernia I had had for 5 years.

If no previous mention of a hernia , it may be worth asking your gp to refer you for a chest x ray.

I hope you get answers and a treatment plan soon.

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Thanks Michelle for your reply. No haital hernia has not been mentioned. I have been told all was looking healthy and good and that it could be esophageal spasms or allergy to certain foods. Samples have been taken from 9 places from throat esophagus and stomach for esoionophillic oesophagitis assessment. It sounds like they could miss hital hernia until I have few endoscopies ? I was sure that I had a stricture of food pipe. Thanks for your advice.

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up