Acid reflux

Posted , 4 users are following.

does anyone know if this can cause really painfull bloating abdomen. to the point i cant sit still it only eases when i move about

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

yes reflux does cause bloating as well as shortness of breath.. eating small amounts of food several times a day helps.. also dont wait till you are starving to eat.. carry crackers and eat a few if u cant eat.

• Posted

thank you i will get some crackers today because i have little to no appitte.

• Edited

have you been to a GI doctor? You may have an ulcer or a stomach infection, have you had an endonoscopy done yet? I have constant acid coming up all day and all night I was diagnosed with h pylori and GERD, not going away may need to go back to doctor, it won't stop no matter what I do, I am also on meds for it they are not helping so far.

• Posted

hi

no the doctors put me on omprazol 5 years ago and increased it to 2 x20mg a day about a year ago but the last few days i have been in agony with my stomach and they have said it is my ibs and acid reflux. they have not put a camera down. i am in more pain then I have ever been

• Edited

they said all they can do is monitor it and they will only use the camera if it gets really bad because it is such an unpleasant procedure. however 3 nights in pain now. i cant see how this is all ibs and gerd 😕

• Posted

are you loosing weight if so they should do a endoscopy and that's not normal to have so much pain with no relief o would really push for endoscopy I've had three it's not pleasant but you mite find out why your suffering so much pain

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.