Acid Reflux and Constant nausea?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi, I am 21 years old and I have been suffering with acid reflux and constant nausea for almost 4 years.

I did every test that I can imagine!

Symptoms :

Constant nausea (24/7!!)

A feeling of something stuck in throat

Tests which I have done so far :-

1. Barium test which resulted that I have a very mild hiatus hernia

2. Endoscopy which showed the mild hiatus hernia but everything was clear. It also showed that my valve does not close properly.

(PPI’s and motilium don’t help my nausea)

1. Blood test all ok

2. Allergy test and it resulted that I am dairy free and gluten free (have been eating strictly with this diet ,the only result I saw was that I could eat more than usual without getting bloated however the nausea was still there)

3. Ct scan which resulted that I have severe constipation (have been on meds for 1 week but no results so far)

I am frustrated and fed up cause I can’t figure out where the nausea is coming from and I don’t believe there are more tests which I can do.

I eat healthy and I don’t drink alcohol , smoke or eat junk food!

I am very careful to avoid food which may cause acid reflux.

The only thing that ’helps’ are the gaviscon tablets.

I have been taking the gaviscon chewable tablets for almost 2 years every single day, so not sure if they do any harm for long term use.

Can anyone help me?! I feel hopeless 😦 The most thing that I hate is the nausea.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

you mentioned your valve not closing right, i also have this, spincter i think its called.have you considered surgery for it, ive heard its succsess and everything goes back to normal. im thinking about it myself. hope you find somthing that works for you x

• Posted

Hi thank you for your comment. It is very mild and my dr. did not mention it. Will mention it with my next appointment, however I heard that it is done for severe cases.

• Posted

hi, I was exactly the same and had fundoplication surgery when I was 25 (now 28). it is where they pukk your stomach up and wrap it roung your oesphagus to make a new sphincter. it's made a massive difference to me and has really worked. I didn't realise how depressed the reflux was making me but that feeling of constant nausea is just awful.

look into it and maybe ask your consultant about it . it's rubbish being so young and having to cope with it !!!

• Posted

Thank you will definitely mention this in my next appointment and I am glad that you are better!

• Posted

I have a 5cm sliding hiatus hernia ,and i also 7 days a week feel sick .I have asked for the operation and they told me the nhs have little funding for it .I have started taking bucustem tablets they stop you feeling sick ,most of the time .Do you feel worse when you are moving ie car bus plane ? I dont know what else to try its ruining my life 😦

• Posted

Yes it is much worse when travelling! It is also bad when I wake up.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.