Acid Reflux and fibromyoma anyone?

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi everyone.

I have bad acid reflux and also fibrocyct with enlarged uterus (very big) can someone tell me maybe if this problem can cause acid reflux?

Thanks so much

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Edited

Hi Charmaine,

I was scanned last week and result showed I have a large fibroid and have had for quite some time, I also find myself suffering with reflux problems on and off, not sure if related as I still need to see my GP on 26th this month but I shall ask this question, along with many more questions, will get back to you xxx

• Posted

Hi Helen

Thank you so much

Yes i think really that this is possible.

Thanks for your help Helen, keep i touch.

God bless.

• Edited

Hi I suffer with a large Fibroid and I haven't had acid reflux but I'm sure it probably is the Fibroid.

You don't say how large your fibroids are. My advice is do loads of research on all the treatments available as Gynocology only tend to offer Hysterectomy for large Fibroids.. There are other treatments such as Esyma and UFE which they don't tell you about at the beginning as they prefer women have Total Hysterectomy. Do what's best for you and good luck hope you find the cause of the acid reflux.

• Posted

Hi Patricia, my fibroid is 10/10 cm, yes i am scheduled for a TAH in next month.

Thanks so much for reply i did believe it must have something to do with this also.

God bless you!

• Edited

Hi Charmaine,

I know this post is from 3 years ago but I'd love to know your outcome. I also have very bad acid reflux and 2 large pedunculated fibroids (both 10 cm) I was told by my gynaecologist that the reflux isn't due to them but I disagree! Especially at night when my bladder gets full and it feels like the fibroids have pushed it all the way up to my belly button!!

Did you have any treatment for your fibroids? did it alleviate the reflux problem? it's really horrible isn't it!

Thanks,

Jess

• Posted

i just put a reply below, i was told the same that the reflux wasnt to do with the fibroid v frustrating

• Posted

hi, im interested in this thread i developed awful reflux when pregnant with my daughter 8 years ago. i discovered i had a huge fibroid and have just had a womb only hysterectomy a couple of weeks ago. im hoping it's sorted the reflux but am getting a few symptoms again (i stopped the omeprazole, unfortunately i got food poisoning and it could be because the medication has meant my acid is too low to kill bacteria). im really hoping that i can at least cut down on the reflux medication now! would love to hear how you are all getting on?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.