Acid Reflux and fibromyoma inside uterus???

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi everyone.

I have bad acid reflux and also fibrocyct with enlarged uterus (very big) can someone tell me maybe if this problem can cause acid reflux?

I do have a ulser and hernia but acid reflux is horrible is at night.

Was thinking maybe because i have enlarged womb and 10/10 cm fibroid it can be like when someone is pregnant... ? Lol

Thanks so much

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I don't know much about your condition but if it increases the size and upward pressure in the abdomen (as happens in preganancy) it would certainly be a likely cause of reflux. And your hernia will prevent the proper closure of the lower oesophageal sphincter, exacerbating reflux.

Your doctor will prescribe acid suppressant medication to make the reflux less corrosive (and permit ulcers to heal) but it won't reduce the reflux which has to be managed by lifestyle.

Do leave at least 3 hours between your last meal and going to bed to allow your stomach to empty and raise the head of the bed by 6 inches on blocks so gravity will help keep any residual stomach contents from flowing into your oesophagus.

• Posted

Thank you so much for reply. Yes all that you say make sense. I am on a ppc for the problem. Will follow the instructions you mentioned and trust it will work. Thank so much again.

God bless

• Posted

It could have domthkng to do with it pressure on the upper stomach can cores reflux so don't ware tight clothing and eat lighter meals and never eat after 8 o'clock in the evening because when uph lie foe. Reflux will come up also try Gaviscon advanced at bed time that sits on top of your stomach and stopped acid coming up

• Posted

Thank You very much Gillian yes i use the Gaviscon advanced. I will use the help thanks i can just get better i believe.

God bless.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.