Acid reflux and nausea

Posted , 7 users are following.

hello everyone...struggling with nausea every morning. It lasts for a few hours and comes and goes all day. Do any of you go through this too? I feel as if the PPI's make it worse. I'm so over this...any advice appreciated.

1 like, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Yes, I have had the nausea and PPI's made me more nauseated. I drink Mylanta or Gaviscon. It helps some but not much.

• Posted

it's terrible! It impacts the whole day. What else do you do for it?

• Posted

hi it could be the PPI your taking you could ask your doctor for a different one

• Posted

have tried Donperdon not sure I've felt it right 😀 it's for nausea

• Posted

Ranitidine helps me now I've had nausea all although menopause but its a lot better now hope you find dome relief its awful i really understand how you feel, try Ranitidine xxx

• Posted

I tried ranitidine and it didn't help. I am in perimenopause so that's not helping I guess. I just want a day without any pain.

• Posted

I am in perimenopause as well. I just started birth control pills a week ago as I feel my digestive issues are hormone related. My reflux has eased off some but it's way too early to tell yet. I am going to give it several months to see.

• Posted

Nausea is a classic symptom of acid reflux. it tends to go away after a while in the day. I have had several incidences in the recent past. the more intense the reflux the more likely seems the occurrence of nausea.

Ginger helps when it is too intense to be ignored. I take a little bite and eat it slowly. Same goes for warm chamomile tea.

• Posted

This is my main concern at the moment! I was up nauseous all morning which causes a lack of appetite all day long. This started about 2 weeks ago. I haven't been taking the Omeprazole they prescribed me in the morning correctly (I take it, then don't eat for 4 hours or so and you're supposed to eat 30-60 minutes after taking it). She also put me on Famotidine at night to see if that works.

• Posted

yes, you have to eat within an hour, although I have been and I'm still nauseous! I'm on esomeprazole about 10 days now. I feel the heartburn is worse. I think I'm going to stop taking it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.