Acid reflux and tea?

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hello everyone, I recently suffer from acid reflux, had an EGD and waiting for biopsy results. I have noticed that drinking tea sometimes aggravates the heartburn. Are there any alternatives? like caffeine free tea? What are some of your suggestions or remedies that have helped you

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi I suffer from acid reflux also and suffer when i drink tea i have been advised its best to cut out tea coffee and carbonated drinks also dairy i dont know whether this is helpful but i love my tea and coffee hope this helps you regards jackie

• Posted

thank you ❤️ when you cut out tea, did you notice improvements?

• Posted

yes i have one cup in the morning and only drink water after that are you on any medication i am not i take mastic gum also and gaviscon tablets and i sleep on a wedge pillow and have also invested in some bed supports to palce under my bed let me know how you are doing hope this helps jackie

• Posted

keep away from caffeinated drinks is my instinctive advice. I stick to black tea and it does help. Cheers.

• Posted

Hi I have cut out all tea and coffee ... drink chamomile tea.... took time getting used to ,but it works..... also stopped carbonated drinks.... Fodmap diet is a good guide.... still have bad moments, but Peptic Liquid helps.... Good luck

• Posted

hi I drink decaffeinated tea no coffee and I drink water no fizzy drinks also don't drink anything hot or to cold I drink tea thats just warm

• Posted

I think you can enjoy decaf tea in moderate measure. keep away from caffeinated drinks and remember to eat little portions. There are Several teas you can enjoy like green tea, white tea, black tea and the red bush tea. All of these have no caffeine. Chamomile tea as has been mentioned earlier works great. Best wishes.

• Posted

i have been a tea addict for all my life and i know its difficult to give up but acid reflux is a serious dysfunction which i hadnt realised. It has narrowed my esophagus. Try and give up tea coffee even decaff is as bad as the caffeinated drinks.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.