Acid reflux/Anxiety

Posted , 5 users are following.

Anxiety has been through the roof lately. I always get real bad anxiety when it comes to my health. I get bad acid reflux. I had a scope down me sround 8 months ago. I take pantoprazole fot it. I have been waking up and having horrible upset stomachs, diahrea. There were a couple times i felt like I could throw up but didnt. shaking when I was gojng today, thought it could possibly be the flu. occasionally ill have the after taste of food in my mouth and what seems to be caught in a way but not bad. just really down right now and cant sleep. I just always think about the worst things that it could be like cancer and its scary.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Oh Dear Kyle ...you sound very up set indeed...i do understand your problem....i.have suffered from reflux...and hiatus hernia....for well...over 40 yrs....and know all too well.how wretched it makes you feel....which causes anxiety .....know how very unpleasant they can be...and how frightening they can make you.feel...wondering what on earth is going wrong with your body....i know only to well.how un pleasant .it can be...what triggers it...and how to cope and calm.it...the very bad thing we do....all though ...we do.not

feel aware of it...is to.get up.tight and upset...which causes anxiety....which tenses up.the body....causes our stomach to.tighten...which produces more acid..making the problem.worse..to.help.the reflux...to be less trouble some...the first thing is to.learn to.relax.....give your body time out!!..so.it can heal....i know it can be pretty scary..but when you get up.tight..you add more fuel to.the fire..and it makes things worse.....the best thing for a bad tum...is peace......and relaxation.....it you ask.at your Dr,s surgery they might be able to.tell.you.if there are relaxation classes in your area.....in the mean time...give your self time to.chill out....try to just chill out and relax... read a good book....watch a relaxing video.....do any thing you enjoy....which is relaxing.....so you are not up.tight...and your body can relax enough..to let your medication......help...it you find..you. Are having frequent trips to.the toilet...this could be due to your tablets......i had this a lot . till i.found the right one... Talk with your Dr....he will.be able to.help....but also try to.relax....even a person.who.does not have reflux....can suffer stomach problems if they get up.tight.....i.know from.myself...that worry ...and getting stressed ...brings on a bout of reflux....and upset stomach.....your tum is very soon upset to.stress.....and lets you know...by the symptoms....i know this from experience.....make a, note of what you eat.....those which cause you problems ...cross off....so you will know then what suits you best...fatty...fried foods..spicy...fizzy drinks...Coffee ...are out....these cause acid...so.does sugary foods...trial.and error.....will tell you.what suites you the best...make a list......of things ...that you can tolerate....i know what its like....but you can learn to. Live with it.....after many years i still.get the bad bout....if i.get upset....or eat something which my stomach does not like.....but fist thing....try to. Relax....being up.tight adds fuel to.the fire....a relaxed mind and body....will.not cure reflux..but helps to.ease the symptoms a great deal....not easy to.start with....but you will.get there......dont it rule your life.....you rule it...by a good diet...and keeping calm....which helps your digestive system to work better...i find..Double . Action Gaviscon.ps at night ...before sleep.... Available from the pharmacy. if you have problems that worry you....talk to.your Dr...but try to.relax...it does help.....quite a lot....drink lots of water ...helps to dilute the acid.........Shirley. Talk to.people on this link...so.many have it....very common.

• Posted

You have IBS , and you are not digesting your food that's why you taste food. The ppi is making your ibs worse and digestion. Did you have an EGD done to check for hital hernias? If you don't have an hernia then try natural approach. Take meds to control the anxiety. Drink lots of kefir and take fiber pills to get the good gut bacteria up in your stomach. It also helps with diarrhea. Drink a lot of homemade bone broth, it helps heal the gut.

Do all this for 6 months to a year to get you body back in balance. Sometimes we don't have enough acid in our stomach or bacteria imbalance to that causes all this.

• Posted

This just all started back up not too long ago. I havent been to the doctors or anything like that. But I know for sure my anxiety is though the roof and making it worse. I just always fear for the worst..

• Posted

Yes definitely go to the doctor first and get a complete GI test. If all comes out normal then you need to heal your gut. Your anxiety is up the roof because you are not making enough serotonin in your gut and taking ppi are making it worse. So do go to the doctor first

• Posted

ok ill make an appoinment. just super worried about it. the main thing right now is right under the ribs in the middle area. Thats where im having pain sometimes. stomach growls alot when im not hungry. just very very scared

• Posted

that's a hital hernia. you will be ok. whatever you do don't have nissen if they suggest it. i will tell you all about it later. first go get a GI work done please

• Posted

Yes definitely go to the doctor first and get a complete GI test. If all comes out normal then you need to heal your gut. Your anxiety is up the roof because you are not making enough serotonin in your gut and taking ppi are making it worse. So do go to the doctor first

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.