Acid Reflux. Bile reflux

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hello people. I am a 22 year old female who is a real fitness freak. Regular go to the gym to lift weights, swimming etc. I suffer from acid or bile reflux and heartburn all the time. I am currently taking omeperazole capsules daily which i firmly state are not helping at all. Sometimes my voice sounds weird expecially when i am working. Also top of my throat itches and my teeth are really bad words cannot describe how my teeth hurt. Very sharp crushing pains. My jaw sometimes locks. My diet is very strict. I have tried several home remedies but nothing seems to help. Work feel like i like to take excessive time off and in actual fact no, i love to work. I am a very hard worker. Any advice on what i should do as i have no idea and feel like giving up . This has been happening for 3 years now and as a consequence i started teething for my wisdom teeth when all this started.

1 like, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Check to see if you have a sinus infection. That can make your teeth hurt. Omeprazole should only be take for 2 weeks, once every 4 months. If you'll notice some of it is sold in 3 small bottles, each contains 14 pills. Sinus infections can have all kinds of strange symptoms.

• Posted

Hello fozia59627. You seem too youhg to be suffering like you are. I have something similar going on from me from time to time. I believe I have  a combination of acid reflux and bloating. Food doesn't seem to be digesting properly and I believe anxiety is the cause. Because of that, I have to be extremely careful what I eat.

There was a tremendous temptation to seek a doctor at first, but held back because they are only human and can't work miracles, especially when we don't convey successfully to them what is wrong, Pleae don't understimate your own body to heal itself whch can only happen when we get out of the way. Of course, it would help if we observe carefully what we eat or drink and detrmine to see if we can determine wha brings the problem on. If it seems that it doesn't take much for the problem to get going, perhaps it is anxiety which makes it difficlult for the body to operte normally.

Good luck mam and hope the problem goes away soon. .

• Posted

Thankyou for your information. Tbh i am a health freak and don't eat any junk whatsoever.

• Posted

Hiya. I know what you mean. I am going to see a chinese herbalist and take it from there. Go on some herbal medication as i strictly believe they will have a strong effect.
    • Posted

Hi fozia

Please let us know how u get on with chinese med. I've considered it but not got around to it yet.

Its good ur not stressed and u don't have anxiety. This will help u recover much quicker. The mind has a powerful effect on the body. Much more than we realise.

All the best

Dom

• Posted

Hi fozia

So sorry to hear you are suffering so much!!! It's such an awful affliction but there is hope.

I've had Gerd for 3 yrs and at the beginning it was awful. I couldn't sleep for 3 months and I was on verge of a nervous breakdown. I'm still not cured (yet) but I'm much better. I live with it but I know I still have options.

Do you or have you lifted very heavy weights?? I'm wondering if you have a hiatal hernia? You need to find a good gastro doc. Have you had an endoscopy yet? They will test for helicobactor pylori, Celiac disease, and they will see if you have hiatal hernia.

The ppis meds never worked for me so I use alternative stuff like dgl licorice, licorice tea (supermarket), slippery elm and marshmallow root powder. I've also had food allergy and intolerances test done. I'm intolerant to eggs and dairy. I assume you avoid all trigger foods? Choc and caffeine and alcohol are my biggest triggers along with STRESS! If you are a very stressed person I recommend yoga and meditation. Will do u the world of good. Try to lay off the stomach exercises as well. These really aggravate me.

Have u raised head of yer bed? I use two bricks either side.

Worth getting tested for SIBO too. Lactulose test.

Good luck Hun. Let us know how you get on.

Dominique 😘

• Posted

Thank you for the reply. It is terrible! I absolutely hate it. But i do have my good days and bad days. As i am only 22 i lift weights that are around 12kg just for toning. I had an endoscopy yesterday and the results came out to be bile fluid. I use to work in a warehouse when i was 18 and 1 day i just puked up so much bile after eating a very healthy sandwich. The next day i couldnt go in so they sacked me. Same again might happen with mt current employer right now. Lidl! I don't eat anything. Like when i go out with friends and family for a meal im always picking light foods and obviously get the stick from them but they don't understand my situation yet they can eat anything and nothing will happen to them. I was positive for helicobacter pylori got tested not long ago, took a combined anitibiotic course and omg it was a horrible course. I had to take time off work. Strictly bedridden. No consumption of food/water. Drained/No energy. Felt like killing anyone and everyone haha. Going to GP want them to take a blood test and see if i have any deficiencies but i dont think i would as i do take black seed oil, vitamin C and D, cod liver oil and iron and zinc zupplements each day every day. Thanks for the home remedies. Gaviscon doesnt work for me. Also rennies dont. But there is one thing that works like wonders and i am living off it. It is Alo vera juice omg it just relaxes me as soon as i take it. Not too much just a little gulp. Back on omeperazole too.

• Posted

the best advice with come from either your eent or your gastro however i have similar experience. i am 48 years old and i started reflux, heart burns when i was your age. here is how my doctor explained my case. high acid content in the stomach goes up thr esophagus for many reasons. one is hiatal hernia. that is my case. a weakening of the lower esophageal sphinkter is another. weight lifting, stomack crunch and other exercises that produces interabdominal pressure- with or without hernia or weak les may make the acid go up and burn the esophagus- if it goes up futher, it burns the throat and it becomes laryngopharengeal reflux or LPR- again that was my case. LPR makes it hard for me to speak for prolonged period. and my voices changes to hoarse. that due to burning of the throat, if not treated properly, it goes hight to inner ear and when sleeping it stays in the mouth and destroys the teeth- again, that was my case. stress produces more acid and thus agravates gerd and lpr. my suggestions are: seek medical aid, likely endoscopy with with performed just to rule out more serious problems; likely higher PPIs will be prescribed or a regiment of a combination of meds depening on findings. home remedies? mine is fresh veggies, fresh fruits; ginger-honey-cucumber water smoothie; lots ans lots of water especially immediately upon waking up; no listerine but betadine mouth wash instead. lots of rest for atleast a week; sleep with head of bed elevated from 4-6 inches (put block below), soothing, calming, soft music in the evening and a healthy family or romantic relationship to cap it all up. In your age, its probably just starting. you have to nip that in the bud otherwise, 20 years from now, there might be serious consequences. i hope this helps
  • Posted

When I get a GERD attack I tend to tighten my jaw and grind my teeth. I have been told it is a natural thing people do because you feel it will keep the acid down...when really it doesnt...

I also get sensitive gums also after i get a bad attack..The acid irratates my gums

Exercise can be a HUGE contributor to your acid reflux....you may want to tone it down a bit...do less cardio...mild walks

• Posted

agree. i have the same symptoms. i walk a lot and drink plenty of water. it also works when upon waking up, i think 500 ml of water first thing then. chewing gum did not work for me. water does
    • Posted

Keep in mind...water can also get reflux going...small sips and spread out trough the day

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.