acid reflux / burping / breathless

Posted , 5 users are following.

i cant take it anymore!!!!

this thing got to stop. its been ongoing everyday for 6 months. i realised it usually happen when im alone doing nothing. any medication to recommend me. please help me!!! currently, im not taking any medicine for my anxiety / panic attack. as i type this....im trying to take a deep breath and burping non stop. sad

2 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Stupid question here, but have you seen your doctor about this?
    • Posted

yes for breathing difficulties. doc confirm its panic attack. not for my burping non-stop.
    • Posted

Sue has pretty much nailed it with her reply. Go back to your doctor again for you do need more reassurance.
  • Posted

H hurley9999

It is obvious from your message that you need a little more reassurance than to be told what you are exoeriencing is 'anxiety/panic attack,''  then simply sent on your way. I would suggest a re-visit to your GP to re-iterate the impact it is having on your life right now. Some advice regarding counselling or other ways of dealing with this problem would be helpful. You did mention that you notice the symptoms more when you're not so busy or you are alone. Maybe if you are able to confide in someone you know really  well to help you out when you are struggling.  Or, perhaps try to make yourself busy to distract  from  these worrying, sometimes frightening symptoms.

It is a viscious circle. anxiety, panic attacks, breathlessness leading to more anxiety, panic and so it goes on.

If it is any consolation, gastrointestinal disturbances are very common with anxiety. 

Hope this helps you a little? 👍

• Posted

Just a thought....in meantime...get some root ginger tablets....they do help....but a doctor just to have check up...Anxiety symptoms are awful...always affects my tum....well everything really....best of luck....
  • Posted

hi hurley 9999

just with regards to your breathlessness and burping and reflux....they are all part of your anxiety...i too have shortness of breath.......but not all the time i just try and relax and find things to do....its frustrating i know but if you fight it will continue to hang around..... you are not alone this ladies are marvellous on here and its good to hear there advice on what you can do.... chin up lol you will b

• Posted

lol lol dam lap top ... u will be oklol

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.