Acid Reflux Diagnoses

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello Everyone, I am completly unsure if I have a problem with acid reflux, I am 26 and have never experienced acid reflux or any symptoms before, however, a month ago I started feeling like something was stuck in my throat after drinking cranberry juice and milk in the same hour, that feeling of something being stuck in my throat did not go away after that its been a month. Along with the feeling of somethign stuck in my throat I experienced heartburn, I went to the doctor and she gave me PPI for 2 weeks they heloed with the heartburn but the feeling that something is stuck in my throat wont go away?

Is it acid reflux and how will it be diagnosed?

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

hello Sarah you did the right thing going to the doctor who gave you ppi meds but what did he say about the feeling of something stuck though?

• Posted

She said that it is due to stress and I know that it is not, it gets better when I eat something and then comes back and my throat also burns.. I do not have the ppis anymore as I completed the course for 2 weeks I do not want to take more as I heard you can become dependent on them

• Posted

I left it too long and have been taking ppi for 10 years and have biannual endoscopies so you are doing the right thing. The feeling can definitely be caused by stress and acid look up globus sensation. Some people are on ppi only for a while. see you doc again and explain your concerns. Also look online for foods that trigger acid and reflux and look at your diet and find your triggers and eliminate these foods from your diet be it spicy food dairy white wine etc good luck

• Posted

i had it last summer and it did but do tell your doctor again if you are concerned

• Posted

how long did it take for it to go away ?? sorry for so many questions

• Posted

you could have a hiatal hernia! stay away from wine, beer, spicy food, carbonated drinks. eat very bland diet ex. oatmeal, bananas, Turkey sandwich! stay away from fried foods! Do not miss a meal! Do not wait till you are starving! small meals several times a day! eat slowly! I was on PPI's for 2 1/2 months and 2 weeks slowly going off them. Diet is the important thing and it will get better. The thing about anxiety it can come from worrying about your condition. you should see a gastro doctor and he will probably do an endoscopy! nothing to it but ask for propathol to sedate yourself during the procedure. 20 min and done. Also you may have inflammation from the reflux! with diet it will go away. get massages to..

• Posted

Sounds to me like a typical case of gerd. Feeling like something is stuck in the throat is also typical.

Some ppl simply ignore it while some use natural remedies like chamomile tea and turmeric. Things generally that have anti-inflammatory effect.

Take a hard look at your feeding pattern too. Smaller meals more frequently, sleeping inclined and avoiding spicy or fatty meals also help.

Cheers.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.