Acid Reflux - Diet

Posted , 11 users are following.

I had anothother bad nights sleep last night even though i took my medication before i went to bed at mid night.

At about 6pm I had my last meal which was Ham off the bone new potatoes andbaked beans.I later had a cup of tea and later still some Wine Gums as a sweet treat.

So in your experience I am i correct in assuming that it was the ham that caused my problem rather than the other things I ate.

By whatI have read I think I am lucky in what problems I am having compared to many of yourselves but it seems to me that as time is going on my illness is getting worse.

I am currently taking Lanso.. and Rini... but given the advise I have received on here I am going to ween myself off of both of them.

Keep well everyone. Ted

2 likes, 39 replies

39 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I have been through several antacids and a couple of PPIs.

Now I am on pantoprazole and ranitidine first thing repeated before evening meal. I STILL get overwhelmed with acid phlegm. Sleeping is hard

I had a private consultation and await oesophagal function testing. He also advised weening off the pantoprazole.

All of this began during my hormone therapy for prostate cancer.

Has anyone else had a similar pattern of treatment and reactions??

• Posted

I have had breast cancer and am in my sixth year taking hormones and I believe that my AT was caused by these and made much worse by statins (stopped these as was in agony) have another 4 years on meds . have been for numerous tests and meds for AT nothing works. Have good times and bad times . Have recently tried alflorex think it maybe helping .maybe you could try this too ..regards Kate

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.