Acid reflux due to paracetamol overdoes

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi all I took a paracetamol over does on the 10th of June because of dry eyes my other organs are fine but my mouth hurts like hell I think due to mucus damage of the linning. My mouth is so red and sore I can hardly eat or drink. I'm really depressed and really not sure that my mucus layer can repair itself... I'm only 20 I think id rather die. Is it possible to ever get my mucus layer back?? Or will i be stuck on a food pump as I'm struggling to eat or even drink. Csn someone help me???????? Has anyone experienced this and got better over time with the mucus issue? I'm so tired of it already.... I can barely live. I don't know what the he'll I was thinking!!!!! Will I be put on a food pump for the rest of my life? Can my throat recover??? My mum thinks it can but I'm not sure. I have streaking red lines at the back of my throat it's also hot and burning.... please I do not know how to cope after this. I was so close to liver failure the hospital never gave me anything for my throat never mind checking it! Please I'm going insane from the pain and kinda wish I was dead now! Everyone seems to think it can repair whereas I don't think it can...... help

1 like, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Talk to your doctor I am sure it can repair itself but remember it takes time, the body takes ages to repair stuff. Your doctor can help you with the pain. You need to be talking to,professionals who can help you with your problems.

after I had throats surgery I was told to gargle with soluble aspirin and that works really well. You grail ethen spit it out which means you can do it more frequently 

• Posted

That's what my mum is saying but I'm not too sure. I think I'm annoying her by talking about it alot.... Why did you have throat surgery if you don't mind me asking? I'm going to talk to a psychiatrist soon about it. How come you too are positive it can heal??? Can my body heal from the large amount of damage I did to my throat? I've been waiting but very impaitent. Mum says I'll never do it again once I fully recover and snapped at me about how it was self inflicted and I regret it completely already. Do you know anyone who healed their throat like my situation?

• Posted

I had a lump in my throats which was removed along with my tonsils. It took quite a few weeks to heal, but then it's like new. During that time I ate soft food, definitely nothing hard or course like toast and gargles with soluble aspirin. I am now on a PPI to stop the reflux.

remember this, when you cut or scratch yourself how long does it take to heal? It could be a week or so but you never notice it because it isn't bothering you. It's the same here, the body is a great healer but it can take weeks or months to repair itself so be patient, follow the medical advice and stop thinking about it. 

• Posted

I'm trying not to think about it but when you feel like you have glass everytime you swallow isn't easy.... but I do get what you mean.

• Posted

I have been there so

I know how it feels, try soothing food like

Ice cream

• Posted

I had ice cream yesterday and my stomach just reacted badly with pain.
  • Posted

Hi Natalia I had a burned gullit throat mouth from acid reflux it was very bad but it slowly got better overtime because time is a healer try to relax if you can it will happen
    • Posted

Hi Gillian, thank you for the reply. I'm very anxious over the healing, as this has flipped my eating drinking and breathing now. Did it take a few weeks for you? I'm not very good at waiting if I must admit. I seen about food pumps but was worried that it will come to this due to my stupid mistake. Sorry for so many questions are you back to a more normal state?

• Posted

Yes I am I think the key to recovery is eat soft foods no spicy and don't drink anything fizzy or yo hot or cold it did take some weeks to get better but I think when's your going through this it seems like a long time

• Posted

Some weeks Huh, I've only had it not for long. Kinda feel like I'm living a nightmare I want to wake up from. Did your mucus layer repair? Did you have damage to this later because of the Acid? My throat is quite bad I'm eating as much as I can manage.

• Posted

I did get some damage to the gullit I had camera put form that's what they found I'm on PPI meds now I get heartburn that sometimes irritates the throat but never the mouth now keep calm it will heal ho gave a talk to your doctor about your concerns

• Posted

I did speak to my doctor and was given a spray to help it. It helps maybe a little that's all and using those sore throat tablets. Then got told to go back in a week if it's not better.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.